2006 Chevrolet HHR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
HHR - Best car for the money!!!
By RedGeminiPA on 09/21/05 01:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I first saw the new HHR on Chevy's website, I loved it! Once I knew they were starting to arrive at dealers, I started looking on Chevy's site to locate the one I wanted. I finally found it, a 2LT in Sunburst Orange Metallic, gray leather, sunroof, roof rails, running boards, 17" high polished wheels, XM radio, 260 watt Pioneer premium sound w/ 6-disc in-dash changer. Sticker was $22,875... and what a package for the money!! Chevy hit a home run with this one! I've put over 1,000 miles on it within the past 2 weeks!

Great Family SUV
By llh on 09/20/05 09:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My LS is Black with XM-radio and Pioneer stereo. Had to get it ordered cause we couldn't find any LS models at dealership. Great family SUV, enough room for our kids and cargo room as well. Great handling as well. Traded our Neon for this HHR and love it.

Hard to find
By Recardo on 09/19/05 14:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

These cars are hard to find. My Chevy dealership can't hold the HHR for longer than a few days. I purchased a black LT with the 2.4 automatic engine. Have owned it for only a week and my wife and I are having a cruising good time.

i love it
By tony assante on 09/17/05 21:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Plain and simple - I love this car. It is fun to drive and it looks good on the road. The base model comes standard with air, remote start and CD w/ ipod hook-up something the PT Cruiser I test drove did not. I only bring up the PT because that was the car I intended to buy. However, after test driving both cars, it was a simple choice the HHR.

Lil but mighty Chevy
By HHR Automatic on 09/17/05 20:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Only had it 3 days when left on a trip to the California Mts. Had 3 adults and our gear for 12 days. Never missed a beat on the freeways or at high altitudes above 10000 feet. Very comfortable and fun to drive. Average mileage 27.8 mpg. Held speed with cruise on with no effort. XM radio a real treat. Runs stronger with additional miles on it.

Wonderful Car to have in the household.
By Cindy on 09/17/05 12:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I test drive many cars before choosing the HHR. I had another brand on order to purchase. But after trying out the HHR I just love driving it. It make me feel as if I am driving a Benz. Thanks to the maker of the HHR.

Awesome!
By JAMES/ROSLYNN EATON on 09/14/05 18:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

As you can tell, this was just purchased 3 days ago, but the more I drive it, the better I like it. We are dyed in the wool GM fans (my husband has a 1967 Camaro original) but regardless, this is fantastic. We had a 2000 Tahoe which we traded in, it was great also, but this surpasses all I expected of it. Handles great, easy to drive, very comfortable for the size, as my husband is 6'3", but head room and leg room for him is great. I, on the other hand am 5'1", so the extremes are quite a challenge for any vehicle. It has much more power than I imagined it would for a 4 cyl. All in all, we love it.

FINALLY!!!
By Krow on 09/14/05 10:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After experiences with terrible rattles, squeeks and vibrations in various GM Mini-vans over the past 13 years, I was more than ready to try an import. I was looking recently and spotted an HHR at a local lot. I immediately fell in love with the styling and the price and decided to give GM ONE more chance. I'm glad I did! What a high quality vehicle! Absolutely norattles, squeeks or vibrations and very little wind noise.

Came back home
By cubbie on 09/12/05 16:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have gotten nothing but compliments about my HHR. Being a 'Car Guy', I had been looking for an old car to restore. Didn't have to. I found the old style I was looking for in a brand new (had to be black) HHR. Once I test drove it, knew that I had to have one. Was disappointed when the one I was originally looking at got sold from under me. Got the next one off the truck (literally). I heard at the dealership that a lot of PT Cruiser owners were trading in their cars for new HHR's. I don't blame them. Thank you Chevrolet for thinking a little out of the box.

Black HHR-LT
By mihhr on 09/12/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great choice for a light utility hauler. Gets lots of notice/approval from other drivers. It's a fun little wagon. I transport boxes of training materials, projector screens, and other odd size cargo. The HHR is exactly what I need.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.