Used 2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews - 388 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Water Problems
By shutto01

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I too was having problems with standing water in the floorboards.
Easy fix.....the sunroof has 2 drain tubes that run down thru the door post, we blew these hoses out (full of nasty black debris).
Once they were cleared out I have not had 1 problem with water again.
I am so happy with my car.
This car gets great gas mileage and performs great.
So happy we figured out the problem.

You may want to redesign the drain system around the sunroof.

Terrible Car.
By journey615

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My 2006 HHR is the 2nd car I've ever owned and the first car I've ever made payments on. Needless to say, I was extremely excited when I purchased it. That is, until the next time it rained. My car has leaked during a rain storm a total of 5 or more times now. First, it was through the sunroof (which I assumed was my fault). Then it leaked throught the passenger side door. Now it leaks through both doors. Every time it rains, I end up vacuuming my floorboard and spraying Lysol all over my car the next day. My car has been nothing but a hassle ever since I purchased it in September 2011. I do not recommend purchasing one as I am buying another car as soon as I can.

Not so cheap plastic, better seals on all doors.

2006, HHR LT
By jake1995

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my HHR in March of 2012, and I love it! I get great gas mileage! A full tank will last me a month! I'm 17, and will be going off to college, soon- and this will be GREAT. It had 90,000 miles on it when I bought it- and expect it to last long! They are great cars, and very reliable!

I Hate My Car.
By divalicious1

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in 2007 with 15,000 miles on it. It had one owner be fore i purchased it. I would never in my life own another Chevrolet HHR. The door handles breaks easily, and just recently I was going down the road and i was accelerating and the car started going slower and slower. I had to pull to the side of the road to see the problem, and much to my surprise there is no dip stick for the transmission. It has to be brought into a shop to be checked. But how could I bring it, it will not go into drive, only reverse.

The only good feature it had was it was a gas saver.

Sturdier door handles.

car want work
By shouseearl

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

my 2006 hhr only has 104,000 on it. always changed the oil when reguired. took very good care of car. then as i was riding down the road it just shut off. had it towed home and then found out a rod broke right in half and ended up in oil pan. any know of a recall on this.