2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Small package with big storage
By AMAZED on 08/26/10 00:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Drove one and fell in love with it I am 6 ft 4 in and play drums the drums etc fit perfect with room to spare 37.8 mpg at 70 mph I had a vibe and Honda fit and would take this over all of them

Great 4 the money
By Jay Agulia on 08/19/10 17:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this wagon used with 38k traded a pt cruiser. Our 06'hhr lt2 2.4 L has plenty of go, has all options ht. Lthr., 6 in dash cd. Sat. Pioneer radio, onstar, frt.&rear air bags. Only missing running boards. Wish we had them, the paint@ the rear doors is coming off with out them. My wife is the primary driver she travels a lot with this wagon. Carries all her stuff and room for 3 more passengers. She's very happy. Goes through brakes. R&r frt. Links. Ghost problem with park switch, can't remove key. Suggest extended warranty, if buying used. We did has paid for it self. P. S. Electric power steering went too, also likes to go through tires too soon, must rotate often, about 10k. Now has just over 80k.

Great ride
By hhr love it on 08/15/10 17:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

bought it new 59 miles we drove it to Fla 5 times Texas 4 times it now has 129,000 miles not the first problem none change oil and tires and it gets 38 mpg it's a 5 speed manual shift we cruise 70-60 mpg on the interstate will buy another when it's time so far not the time

Ok but a few problems
By OUIMET on 07/20/10 09:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great gas mileage and interior space in the back, but a few problems. Seats are kind of narrow, no front storage, not the best in snow/ice being it is so light. Dash compartment broke, interior mirror falls off, and my radio comes on all by itself, you can hear the springs clunk in the winter; dealer says nothing they can do about either the radio or clunking. Other than that, great space in the back, great gas mileage, full body galvanized steel so won't rust, and have had no problems passing when I need to. Both my big dogs fit in this small car where they would not in others. You get what you pay for.

Great Little Car!
By Eric on 06/19/10 10:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, first off, this is a car. It's a cheap car. It's not going to be perfect. Most cars aren't, especially ones this cheap. Now, for the price, I feel that it's great! I've loved these cars since they came out, and wanted one since. Beings that I was only 16 at the time, I couldn't afford one. Anyways, the only issues I've had were the front end clunking (sway bar links, struts, and steering column replaced under warranty to fix it) and the sunroof and headliner rattle quite a bit. Crank the radio (on the Pioneer that I have and love!) and you wont notice it! Even took the car on a road trip to Florida from Michigan this spring, and it was fantastic with 3 people and luggage all over

General
By crack07 on 06/08/10 22:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I don't drive the car a lot. I'm a Farmer and drive my truck more. Had a large issue with leaving it outside a few time in heavy rain and it flooded the floor boards, I mean water standing. Took it to the dealer they say its fixed but it's been in the garage for all heavy rains since. Only have 39,000 on it now. But it gets good mpg and you don't lay down to drive it like most cars. Other than the water issue I have had only on issue they replaced the radio but all seems good now just wish I would have got the 100,000 pwr train warranty I got on my 07 silverado but that came free on it.

Junk!
By kyle on 06/01/10 17:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car recently and its a hunk of junk. I need a new engine already it cracked for some reason. That's gm for ya. This car is a headache. Don't buy this car. And the sunroof is very noisy and it leaks a lot to if there is a heavy rain. The plastic parts need to be better made to. When I walked out from the store to open my door the handle popped right off. So when I get in my car I have to go to the passengers door just to get in. I regret buying this car. What a waste of money.

Great car, annoying problems
By Cass on 05/14/10 18:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car used and it was in really good condition, It had 22k on it and now has 60k. We have experienced the rotor shudder but took it to a brake shop and had a successful resolution. Luckily we have not had the leak issue, but recently had the gear selector not engage properly to release the key which is now on acc until I can fix the problem. So we love the comfort, gas mileage, sporty handling and great acceleration. Cup holders inadequate for those of you who commute, the window buttons and blind spots took some getting used to but the annoying little problems that cost money that are totally unnecessary if GM could get their quality and design quirks worked out and dealers on board

Beach Buggy Worries
By Jim Scott on 05/03/10 21:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my used 2006 HHR LT2 model with all the bells and whistles and I love to drive it. It handles nice and I feel comfortable in it. Gas goes a long way on a tank for at least a week. I got it as my beach buggy, the SUV room and style with nice car features really impressed me. I see a future that I am unsure about after reading some of these reviews though? I agree cup holders are too low, and there are blind spots that I got use to or get the cheap blind spot mirrors. Trying to get use to window control location also, these are basic complaints though, I would of loved a big console with them on that like in a Jeep Liberty or something so easier to reach, but all and all love it.

Quality & Moon Roof Problems
By Mark DeBaker on 02/27/10 13:11 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The moon roof made noise from the start. The dealer put foam in it twice. Turns out after the warranty was up that the actuator is failing. It cannot be tightened & is a $1,000.00 repair that GM will not back up. The glass can be seen bouncing. The car hydroplanes in light rain, slush and snow because of the wide low profile tires. Expect to pay a fortune to replace the low profile tires. Window controls are poorly located. Rear passenger seating is small. Wipers stop working sometimes. Takes a technician to replace the air cleaner. Gas mileage is very good. Disappointed that GM will not back up Mfg defects. Do not leave the dealership without documented repair paperwork.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.