2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
HONESTLY DON'T BUY
By montrealbuyer on 02/13/12 09:18 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My own chevy 2006 HHR Leaks on the passenger side and lately on the drivers side, my windshield whippers transmission just decided that it was going to stop working, i also have had numerous issues with it constantly not starting after leaving it parked for no more 3 minutes and have had to call GM Roadside Assistances more then 15 times in the winter as well as in the summer. My stairing wheel has been shaking constantly for so long and the car only has about 72000KM and all this started way before it even hit 55000KM! And these problems are only the big visible ones there are so many more it's a joke I do not suggest purchasing this vehicule! I hope they discontinue and fast!

My HHR Ls
By family0216 on 11/29/11 14:29 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have read the other reviews, and I must disagree with a few of them. I purchased my daughter's car a year ago, and so far so good. Excellent on gas, drives well, and very comfortable. She has not had one single issue with her car yet. So judging on by the perfomance and reliability of her car, I would definetly purchase another one but a higher model. I simply love this car! My daughter (Nera) is into big boy cars such as: Hummers, Chevy's, etc so when I first got this car-she had 2 get use 2 it. But now I can say we both love the quality of the HHR LS's....

Beautiful car from the outside.
By ecrosslin on 11/17/11 19:41 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Chevy hhr ls used with 72000 miles in early 2009. Three months in I begin to experience shaking in the front end when brakes are applied. My brakes get checked and replaced but still the problem continues. Two years and 25k mi later this issue has gotten worse and worse to now the whole steering wheel shakes. Several different dealerships were unable to find the cause of the issue. As many others have stated, the interior stains very easily. Not good for young families. The back interior light dome broke. The front ones on the review mirror flicker on and off and sometimes stay on. Everything is backwards. Headlights can almost not be replaced without going to the dealer.

water leak
By dmilesi on 06/19/11 12:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

my 2006 chevy HHR is leaking on the passenger side. The water is coming in from the air filter that is located under the hood. below the right windshield wiper. There is a big pocket and a air filter there so when it rains it runs right in under the dashboard. I read that many other people are having the same trouble. Chevy needs to make this a recall or they are going to lose hard working peoples business. Just one person will tell hundreds of people. If there are enough complaints maybe they will do something about this major problem. I went to [violative content deleted] , Still waiting for a response . Also read they are terrible in the snow even with studs on them.

No problems whatsoever
By love mine on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

To whoever paid $800.00 for an alternator you got ripped big time, you can buy these for 89.00 at about any auto parts store, mine now has 93,000 miles and it had a recall on the wiring harness and that all it ever had done to it still runs and drives like new 2.4 engine is the better of the 2 engines mine is a lt model I will drive it till it no longer goes then I will buy a new one they will stop these in 2011 as I was told, varoooom

Not What I Thought it Would Be
By Rockin' Royce W. on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I mostly bought this car because of the cool retro style, but it kind of goes downhill from there. There's lots of cheap plastic all throughout the interior..everything rattles and buzzes. Wheels are noisy. So- called "chrome" on door handles is starting to peel off like tin foil. No where to put trash. Lame design for window controls (all in the center of the console, not on the doors themselves). Glove box barely big enough to store a map and a couple of fast-food napkins. Cloth interior stains extremely easily, even from water.

Needed new alternator at 98,000 miles
By WCS_in_SM on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Updates "Smooth Ride" 7/22/09 and "Needed new engine at 71,000 miles pm 8/22/09. Car would not start. Got jumped, went a mile, car died big time. Towed to dealer. $816 for new alternator. Battery is still OK. If you buy an American car new, get that 100,000 mile warranty!

What a Letdown
By Rockin' Royce W. on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my beloved T-Bird for one of these babies, and I could shoot myself. Yes, the car looks cool, drives well, but built flimsily. Cheap plastic interior all throughout, everything rattles. Lame window controls in center of console. Fabric stains extremely easily..even just water. Haven't had it a full year and it's already spotted up everywhere. If you buy one, get some seat covers right away.

COMFORTABLE UNIQUE VEHICLE
By Al Packard on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this HHR used with 16000 miles on it (46000 miles now). First the repairs - front stablizer bars, steering column, heater fan motor and front tie rod busings all under warranty. Front brake rotors and shoes on me. New tires. I love this car even with the repairs. If the repairs wern't under warranty I probably wouldn't love it as much. Very comfortable ride, handling for me is just fine (somewhat of an aggressive driver), love the design. This one is a 5 speed manual 2.2 liter engine and it's fun to drive. When I first saw the HHR I wanted one and not disappointed with my choice. Plenty of room for cargo and seating for 4. 3 in rear seat wouldn't be comfortable.

Love my Hill-Billy Hot Rod
By kkingery76 on 08/29/10 08:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my HHR for 1 1/2 now. Very dependable. Great gas mileage. I am just under 5' 3" so this car fits me perfectly. My boyfriend is 6' 2"- He is comfortable in the passenger seat but he does not like to drive it or ride in the backseat; due to the limited height of windshield and limited leg room. Perfect for an outdoor type family, of average height, with pets and a couple kids who live on a tight budget. Not as quiet and comfortable as my previous Lumina, but definitely low maintenance and dependable for a small family. It is fairly plain on the inside but classy on the outside. I test drove many small to mid-size SUVs prior to picking my HHR; they are not made for short people!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.