2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:
Original Owner Since New
By cc732 on 02/11/13 18:18 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I originally leased this car new and bought it in '09. I drove the car 350 miles a week for the first 2 years (35,000 mi.) until I retired from General Motors Canada. It now has about 60,000 miles with no problems. Tires and brakes were replaced at about 35,000 mi. Four Uniroyal TigerPaw II snow tires solved the winter driving issues and four Michelin HydroEdges are used in the summer. Oil changes were being done when the oil life monitor indicated. Gas mileage is good at about 40 mpg. (combined) with the automatic transmission. The key sticking issue and the water leakage were fixed at my local dealer to my satisfaction. he still does all the maitenance on the vehicle.

I Hate My Car.
By divalicious1 on 03/07/12 21:34 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in 2007 with 15,000 miles on it. It had one owner be fore i purchased it. I would never in my life own another Chevrolet HHR. The door handles breaks easily, and just recently I was going down the road and i was accelerating and the car started going slower and slower. I had to pull to the side of the road to see the problem, and much to my surprise there is no dip stick for the transmission. It has to be brought into a shop to be checked. But how could I bring it, it will not go into drive, only reverse.

car want work
By shouseearl on 02/29/12 14:47 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

my 2006 hhr only has 104,000 on it. always changed the oil when reguired. took very good care of car. then as i was riding down the road it just shut off. had it towed home and then found out a rod broke right in half and ended up in oil pan. any know of a recall on this.

HONESTLY DON'T BUY
By montrealbuyer on 02/13/12 09:18 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My own chevy 2006 HHR Leaks on the passenger side and lately on the drivers side, my windshield whippers transmission just decided that it was going to stop working, i also have had numerous issues with it constantly not starting after leaving it parked for no more 3 minutes and have had to call GM Roadside Assistances more then 15 times in the winter as well as in the summer. My stairing wheel has been shaking constantly for so long and the car only has about 72000KM and all this started way before it even hit 55000KM! And these problems are only the big visible ones there are so many more it's a joke I do not suggest purchasing this vehicule! I hope they discontinue and fast!

My HHR Ls
By family0216 on 11/29/11 14:29 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have read the other reviews, and I must disagree with a few of them. I purchased my daughter's car a year ago, and so far so good. Excellent on gas, drives well, and very comfortable. She has not had one single issue with her car yet. So judging on by the perfomance and reliability of her car, I would definetly purchase another one but a higher model. I simply love this car! My daughter (Nera) is into big boy cars such as: Hummers, Chevy's, etc so when I first got this car-she had 2 get use 2 it. But now I can say we both love the quality of the HHR LS's....

Beautiful car from the outside.
By ecrosslin on 11/17/11 19:41 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Chevy hhr ls used with 72000 miles in early 2009. Three months in I begin to experience shaking in the front end when brakes are applied. My brakes get checked and replaced but still the problem continues. Two years and 25k mi later this issue has gotten worse and worse to now the whole steering wheel shakes. Several different dealerships were unable to find the cause of the issue. As many others have stated, the interior stains very easily. Not good for young families. The back interior light dome broke. The front ones on the review mirror flicker on and off and sometimes stay on. Everything is backwards. Headlights can almost not be replaced without going to the dealer.

What a Letdown
By Rockin' Royce W. on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my beloved T-Bird for one of these babies, and I could shoot myself. Yes, the car looks cool, drives well, but built flimsily. Cheap plastic interior all throughout, everything rattles. Lame window controls in center of console. Fabric stains extremely easily..even just water. Haven't had it a full year and it's already spotted up everywhere. If you buy one, get some seat covers right away.

Love my Hill-Billy Hot Rod
By kkingery76 on 08/29/10 08:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my HHR for 1 1/2 now. Very dependable. Great gas mileage. I am just under 5' 3" so this car fits me perfectly. My boyfriend is 6' 2"- He is comfortable in the passenger seat but he does not like to drive it or ride in the backseat; due to the limited height of windshield and limited leg room. Perfect for an outdoor type family, of average height, with pets and a couple kids who live on a tight budget. Not as quiet and comfortable as my previous Lumina, but definitely low maintenance and dependable for a small family. It is fairly plain on the inside but classy on the outside. I test drove many small to mid-size SUVs prior to picking my HHR; they are not made for short people!

Great ride
By hhr love it on 08/15/10 17:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

bought it new 59 miles we drove it to Fla 5 times Texas 4 times it now has 129,000 miles not the first problem none change oil and tires and it gets 38 mpg it's a 5 speed manual shift we cruise 70-60 mpg on the interstate will buy another when it's time so far not the time

Ok but a few problems
By OUIMET on 07/20/10 09:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great gas mileage and interior space in the back, but a few problems. Seats are kind of narrow, no front storage, not the best in snow/ice being it is so light. Dash compartment broke, interior mirror falls off, and my radio comes on all by itself, you can hear the springs clunk in the winter; dealer says nothing they can do about either the radio or clunking. Other than that, great space in the back, great gas mileage, full body galvanized steel so won't rust, and have had no problems passing when I need to. Both my big dogs fit in this small car where they would not in others. You get what you pay for.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.