Used 2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews - 388 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

deflated
By arnold owen

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very little acceleration. With the manual trans, 5th gear of very little use except on the level.

A Swingin' Ride
By Marna D. McComb

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! I would buy another in a trice if Chevy still made it, but they don't! Easy to drive, huge storage capabilities for a so-called "small" car, sharp-looker and a great color (orange) makes it easy to spot in a parking lot. GM classifies the HHR as a truck - I call it a swingin' ride! This car was driven by tall and taller people and still had plenty of leg-room for all of us with long legs. We put on 60,000 + miles the first year traveling all over MN almost every weekend as President of the MN Jaycees but only about 10,000 a year after that. Easy to park and able to maneuver into small spots - also an excellent tow behind a camper. A unique car and fun to drive. I'll miss it!

2006 Chevy HHR
By rodfreeman

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

So far I love my HHR.

Seats are comfortable and it's great on gas!

Cup holders are too low and awkward to reach. Seat material stains no matter what hits it. On my particular model the window controls are down by gear shift and that takes some getting use to. The windshield is too low.

motor seized
By Barbara Laursen

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We have always had the car serviced at Midway Chevrolet whenever the mileage told us to do that. Monday I was driving it and I went to pass a car. When I went into overdrive there was a "clunk" and I lost the overdrive power. No trouble lights came on so I continued on. The car began to "clunk" whenever I touched the accelerator and then as I drove. (I had to get to a doctor appt.)After the appt. I found a GMC dealer and by that time it was barely running and extremely noisy and the trouble lights were on. The engine had seized and all the oil was gone. I had 141,350 miles on it.
We are getting a used engine put in. I thought the engine would last longer. Has this happened to others?

Piece Of Cr%p
By alexborsberry

2006 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car was the worst investment I ever made. I've had problem after problem with this thing. The whole car should be a recall. The thing leaks water in the inside the gear shifter broke, blower motor went out, emergency brake cable snapped, I changed the air filter and the in take hose broke, and know the piece of crap is leaking anti freeze. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR. Also the chevy dealer is a bunch of scammers!!!!!

heated seats are nice and surprised they still work

learn to build a car chevrolet