Used 2005 Chevrolet Express Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Express - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Express

View reviews for a specific Express model:

2005 AWD 1500 Express Cargo
By MattCicanese

2005 Chevrolet Express 1500 AWD 3dr Van (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this van used for my plumbing business. The AWD is incredible in the snow, better than any of the 4x4 trucks I have had. It rides great, decent on gas 14-15 MPG, and drives nice. I wish it came in an extended version.

Favorite Features

AWD is awesome, easy to get in and out of.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to be a little longer

Lots of kids
By rick b.

2005 Chevrolet Express 3500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great for hauling kids, dogs, and everything. Also the 300hp. is great for pulling our 31 ft. 7800 lb. camper. Looks tough too.

Favorite Features

Stabilty control,1 ton, 12 seats, power!

Suggested Improvements

Arm rests better on rear seats.

You'll Love The Extra Room
By J. Hillsoto

2005 Chevrolet Express 3500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Express 3500 is highly recommended for large families or people who want to travel in comfort with a lot of gear. We love the extra roominess of the extended 3500 and for a vehicle of this size we have found that it handles very nicely and gets very good mileage. When it comes to parking, we sometimes have trouble in the narrow parking lots. Our 3500 is about 20 feet long and seat 15 adults comfortably.

Favorite Features

Interior design, quick release benches for easier removal. Power driver's seat. Premium sound system w/6 CD changer and OnStar built-in. Green exterior paint is a great look.

Suggested Improvements

Beacause of the size, we made a modification & added a reverse alarm and will be adding a reverse camera. These Items increase our safety and confidence.

Van for All uses
By AKJIM

2005 Chevrolet Express 3500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Chevrolet Express G3500 extended wheelbase 15 passenger Van. My first was a 2002 which now has over 62000 miles and both looks and runs like it is new. This 2005 has all the indications of being the same way, excellent throughout. I've had equivalent Ford's in the past and these Chev Vans are vastly better in handling and reliability. The 2005 has a 6.0 L engine which gets about 13% better fuel economy than the 5.7 on my 2002. I'm getting 18-19 mpg at 55 mph on long highway trips with this 2005. I'm very happy with it.

Favorite Features

Honest handling when loaded.

Suggested Improvements

The sheet metal is still too thin for my preferences, though the 2002 did hold up well. The interior fittings have become lighter and less sturdy. In particular, the sun visors are very lightweight and flexible. This makes the interior feel flimsy, though it does hold up well.