A thumbs up for this one!
By Abe Mills on
2004 Chevrolet Express 3500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
This van handles like a van should! I was told to watch out because it would be hard to drive, and would feel like a tractor trailer going down the road, but boy am I happy I went with my instinct on this one. I give this van a 10 on everything. It is a real pleasure to drive, with great visibility, handling, and a great turning radius for such a long van. My only problem with it is I wish I had measured my garage before I bought it, because it just doesn't fit. I am happily sacrificing the garage for this fine piece of equipment though.
Favorite Features
My wife is shorter than I am and partially blind. I thought she wouldn't be able to see very well, but oh was I wrong, EXCELLENT visibility! I also love the headlights, they do a wonderful job. Then the 6.0 motor, with plenty of power, and excellent gas mileage, its like a rock!
Suggested Improvements
The one option I was disappointed that Chevrolet does not offer on this model is the drivers side rear door. ( similar to mini vans) I wish they would offer it as an option. It is available on the non extended models, but not on ext. models.