2004 Chevrolet Express Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Express model:
Coming from Fords, very dissapointed.
By Greg on 10/03/09 14:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Express Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Mechanically these are superior to the Fords, as far as engine and transmission. However, everything else is worse. The old 1975-1992 Econoline has more room, feels better, drives better, handles better, body is more solid, I could go on an on. The Express interior is very cheap and uncomfortable. Hard plastic creaks and feels like it's going to break whenever you touch it. Feels coarse and unpleasant on skin. Front seating is cramped and much less roomy than Ford. Rides like a "rock". Feels like you better handle it with "kid gloves" or it will break. Sliding door rattles and shakes like tin foil when you close it GENTLY. All doors, controls, seats, and dash feel cheap compared to Ford.

What got me into loving American Cars
By JW on 05/29/09 10:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Express Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I am (was) a die-hard Honda fan - I believed Honda has the most reliable and fuel efficient vehicles in US. In my 20 years of driving life, have purchased 9 new Honda & Acura cars, from Accord to Civic to CRV to Pilot to Odyssey. But since owning a Chevy Express 2500 (Explorer conversion w/ high top roof) I am not sure if Honda really is the best. I'd have to admit, when it comes to a big car, GM still is the best. (little 30mpg civic isn't for everyone you know - some of us have no other option) Express gets 16-17 MPG @ 75MPH, even when it's overloaded with 7 adults and tons of luggage. Odyssey gets 20MPG if I did the same, and there will barely be any room left to breathe.