2004 Chevrolet Express - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Express model:
Best Van Ever built
By Rollin on 04/14/09 08:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Express 1500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this van for work and pleasure , it has turned out to be my every day driver... I love it, my favorite thing about this van is the FUEL ECONOMY it is amazing i have the 5.3 vortec and loaded with about thousand pounds i get 20 - 22 mpg rollin down the highway at 75 85 mph,you cant beat it. Very comfortable and actually easy to park.

Comsumer Beware
By Disappointed on 04/04/09 16:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Express 1500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

While I like the design of the van especially the exterior look and the rear doors (hinges designed to maximize access/storage)I have been disappointed with the reliability. I have had to replace the fuel pump ($600), the water pump, and one of the side windows fell out, yes fell out ($1000). The mechanic told me (kingman az dealership) there is a design flaw in the fuel pump which manifests itself primarily in higher elevation, hotter climates. He told me that Chevy knows but wont replace them. All these repairs were needed while the vehicle had less than 75,000 miles.

Better then SUV for a trailer and kids
By Chris on 09/05/05 23:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Express 1500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We needed the ability to tow a trailer and carry 7. All the SUVs we looked at had a back seat that you must get into like a 2 door car. All the small vans cannot tow a trailer. We found that conversion vans are the best fit. What a pleasure to drive and tow (its like the trailer is not there). This has lots of power - even on the hills a smoth ride and handles like a smaller vehicle. We test drove the Ford and found it nice - but you never forgot you had a truck under you, also we could not get the 4th door. Gas mileage is not as bad as I feared - 13mpg with trailer, 19 on the open road,14/15 every day.

Conversion Van
By jhillen on 04/01/05 15:46 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Express 1500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Good solid vehicle for a family. Good value when compared to a Suburban. Even with 4.3L V6, it has good perfomance. Available V8 would probably be better. Locking rear axle makes winter driving very doable. Optional 4 wheel disk brakes are welcome addition to stop this 5300lb truck.

Great van, handles great.
By Tim on 03/25/05 23:03 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Express 1500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This van rides and handles great. Bought a new 2004 Express Low top Chariot conversion. Very comfortable on trips or around town. Average highway mpg is over 20. Not bad for a big van. Only suggestion is they replace cheap plastic arm rest on door with a padded material.