2003 Chevrolet Express Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Express model:
My Express
By Lori on 01/31/07 06:30 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Express Van 1500 AWD 3dr Van (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my van. I use it for transporting dogs to and from competitve events and vet visits. It's a perfect size for my purpose and its very easy to take seats in and out for whatever I need it. It's been very reliable. The only thing I've had repaired on it was a water pump gasket.

This car has major problems from day one
By TOM SCHUMANN on 12/29/06 21:29 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Express Van 1500 AWD 3dr Van (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car has major problems with it from day one. The first time in it and started it the check engine light was on. The car pulled to right, the a/c kept blowing warm. Engine tap. Tranny slips into reverse. Window kept coming loose. Blinker has moisture, bowtie was peeling. Multiple repairs on the right side sliding doors. Tierod replaced, gas pedal assembley replaced. Differential, had to be completely rebuilt. Glove box lock assembley, rear door windows both leaked water. Rear jack cover keeps falling off, seat belt retainers all broke off. Gas tank cap assembley replaced, gas gauge never read correct. 1/8 of tank left me 1 gal gas. This is all I can remember. p.s. The check engine light is on again, cause, fuel

My AWD Van
By Crystal on 04/26/06 13:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Express Van 1500 AWD 3dr Van (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my van. I can throw so much stuff in it and drive it anywhere in the snow. I live on an 800ft gravel drive that is plowed by our farm tractor and the Van has never let me sit. We pack in six kids, two dogs, and two adults and go anywhere. The only problem is the price of gas.

Buy the Extended Warranty
By Bill on 08/02/05 22:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Express Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle to haul our six kids around, and had many problems due to poor GM quality (just get it through the bumper-to-bumper wty). For over $30,000 you don't get much for your money except a big 6.0L V8 engine: no rear cupholders, no rear headrests, rear bench seats uncomfortable for adults, poor fit and finish, and plastic parts break easily. Even with rear A/C it struggles to keep cool on 90 degree days. OEM tires needed replacing at less than 30K miles. Been recalled three times. Problems before 36K miles: radio failed, plastic window latch broke, door switch broke, door latch broke. Front bearings separated at 37K miles. A/C leak at 38K, rotors warped at 40K, window switch fail at 42K

2003 express van comments
By PCMS on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Express Van 3500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

THE MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THIS VEHICLE IS THAT THERE ARE NO AFTERMARKET PRODUCTS AVAILABLE, NO BUG SHIELD, NO HOOD BRAS ETC. BODY IS CONSTRUCTED OF THINNER METAL THAN WHAT I WOULD CONSIDER NORMAL. I COMPARED IT TO MY DODGE VAN. THE WAY THE PLASTIC INTERIOR WALLS INTERLOCK IS A DISGRACE, ESPECIALLY AT THE PRICE I PAID. SOME PLASTIC JUST LAYS IN PLACE, NO INTERLOCKING MECHANISM. THE TOUTED OIL CHANGE LIGHT IS USELESS TO ME, IT GOES OFF AT 7000 MILES, I CHANGE MY OIL EVERY 3000. THE STEP UP, IF YOU ARE A SHORT PERSON, IS IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT HOLDING ON TO THE SEAT AND PULLING YOURSELF IN.

BANG FOR THE BUCK!
By WILDCAT on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Express Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

IF YOU WANT POWER, GREAT LOOKS, TONS OF ROOM AND NOT BE LUMPED INTO THE SOCCER MOM MINI VAN CROWED THIS IS THE VAN FOR YOU! BUT WAIT!, WHAT ABOUT THE POOR GAS MILEAGE? GO ON ANY DEALER LOT AND SEE HOW MANY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS YOU WILL SAVE OVER THEIR MINI VAN COUNTERPARTS. YES, ENOUGH TO OFFSET MANY YEARS OF "MEDIOCRE" GAS MILEAGE.

owner of a vending business
By Bob Warnock on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Express Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have the small V-8 and its gas mileage is ok. When I have alot of weight in it the engine has a hard time, but when its gets on the expressway its gone. I have the cargo van and it's very roomy and fun to drive. I would recommend it to anyone.

2003 Chevy Express 1500 AWD w/ 4th Door
By Phitter on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Express Van 1500 AWD 3dr Van (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Chevy doesn't have their act together on this vehicle yet. The assembly is poor. Door & hinge weather gaskets & grommets are missing or falling off. Unpainted sealant on the door hinges and entry areas is present. The fuel fill door compartment is a collection area for road salt and sand. The vehicle is plagued with driveline vibrations and resonance problems. I expected Chevrolet to resolve the issues -- they have not. The interior is the best they offer and it is dull at best. The seats don't belong in a vehicle that lists for over $35,000. The ride is very smooth suspension wise. Acceleration is good when called upon.