2001 Chevrolet Express Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Express model:
It's paid for so don't laugh.
By firefightingfool on 10/23/08 17:31 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Express Van 1500 LT 3dr Van (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love my van. My wife hates it. (Due to the consumption of fuel, along with the price of fuel.) I upgraded from an Chevy Astro. The room, the entertainment system, the handling, the styling, the aggressive motor, the storage room behind the rear seat, the duel A/C. I can go on forever. The only drawback is the fuel economy, which I really don't mind, because the entire family can travel in comfort. I bought my van with 29,000 miles and I currently have just over 93,000 miles. When it comes to repairs, I've needed to replace my starter, alternator and battery. With regular maintenance my vehicle has been superb.

Nice Family Van
By David on 03/04/07 11:26 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Express Van 1500 LT 3dr Van (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in July 2001. Due to kid reduction am ready to sell. Was great family van. Tows great. Plenty of room everywhere! No better vehicle for 2-4 kids.

Better in the long run
By Yak on 07/18/06 13:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Express Van 1500 LT 3dr Van (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

We have now owned this vehicle for more than 4 years. We are having the same experiences with the seat levers breaking but other than that it is a real workhorse. We are now towing a 4400 lb camper with it and it is doing marvelously. Sure the gas mileage stinks but it's solid mechanically. The driver side sun visor has been replaced 4 times and it's still falling apart. The kids love the van and for long trips, that's really important. We even use it to transport half of my son's basketball team to games.

Family Van and Cargo hauler
By boili on 07/05/06 19:48 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Express Van 1500 LT 3dr Van (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the van to have more cargo space. Mission accomplished. Cavernous room after to take out all seats. Easy to drive und relaxing ride on long trips. High seat position give a good view. LT trim very appealing. Enjoy stepping in every time.

Fix my seats & it's ready for next owner
By what a soccer van! on 05/25/06 17:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Express Van 1500 LT 3dr Van (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Four kids each with his own space; we couldn't be happier. Great layout inside and all the geegaws kept the kids quiet while we talked. Easy to drive. We made long trips with cargo packed in the rear and everybody well pleased. This car was targeted at us, and we loved it.

Our Adventure Mobile
By gep10 on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Express Van 1500 LT 3dr Van (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

We use this vehicle to tow our camper around the midwest and carry our family, gear & guests on ski trips & kayaking and biking trips. We also use it to haul large objects and loads ( rototillers, pavers, lumber, etc.). It has been a great traveling vehicle; everyone is very comfortable even after long drives (good seat design, amazing legroom for 2nd & 3rd rows, strong ft/rr AC/ heater system) and the Bose/dual TV/VCR system w/AV hookups is great. 255/70 Firestone Indy 500 tires transformed the wet/ dry handling and I've safely passed 4WD SUV's on snow and ice on our ski trips after installing four winter tires. Very pleased with this vehicle.

Our "Goin' Up North" Vehicle
By johnandlore on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Express Van 1500 LT 3dr Van (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this van in Oct. 2001 when GM first came out with 0% financing. It has been a real workhorse ever since - towing our jet-skis, hauling building supplies, or just ferrying us to our 'Up North' cottage. Everyone who rides in it is amazed at the roominess. The ride is surprisingly smooth, and the kids love the TV/VCR with the A/V hookups.

2001 mercer review
By jlmercer on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Express Van 1500 LT 3dr Van (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

love this van we do alot of camping and it realy fits the bill , b

Ship of the highway
By timyak on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Express Van 1500 LT 3dr Van (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

We had an Astro and it still didn't handle the towing that this beast does. We got the LT to get more storage room and still tow our camper thru the mountains when needed. The kids enjoy the space and the entertainment system. So far this is a great vehicle and compared to the Astro, the quality is much better. I also really like the modular seats that can be interchanged all over the van. One of my passengers was 6'4" and he was amazed at the room in the back seats.