1998 Chevrolet Express Consumer Review: No Regrets

1998 Chevrolet Express - Consumer Review

No Regrets
By Joel M. on

1998 Chevrolet Express G1500 LS 3dr Van

With a growing family, I hesitantly decided to purchase a full size van versus going mini again or Suburban. The deciding factor was cargo room. I have no regrets. I comfortably fit the whole family plus I have 4.5 feet of cargo room behind the rear bench that makes travel very nice (no car-top carrier anymore). My van has the 5.0 V8, which is smooth and has lots of power. Towing up 5000 lbs is no problem. The transmission is very smooth for a GM product. Mileage with the 5.0 is about 15/18. This van has never been in the shop for repairs (one body repair – see below) and it’s approaching 60000. I and my wife both love it.

Strong engine/transmission. ABS with good tires makes winter driving easy. Rear heat/AC is a MUST. Has been very reliable. All the Power, seating, towing of a Suburban plus more storage for about 1/2 the cost. I love that!

One negative must be pointed out. Rear and side doors have exterior hinges which I have had to replace because the pins have rusted and seized. This is just plain bad design.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review