2005 Chevrolet Express Cargo Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Express Cargo model:
A good van.
By Happy Owner on 12/28/08 19:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Express Cargo Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

For a van it handled well and was very comfortable to drive. Overall excellent reliability. A few glitches in the side door hinges and with a couple of the interior lights. Fuel economy varied dramatically by driving habits. Ranged from 12 to 22 mpg city to highway. Drivetrain reliability was excellent, with minimal expenses for maintenance or repairs in about 50K miles.

Decent Work Van
By Tom R on 10/10/07 09:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Express Cargo Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this van primarily to transport my disabled mother around on weekends. (I had a wheelchair lift unit installed on the side door). It was an attractive choice for me because it's secondary purspose is that it can used as our family's pickup truck. At 10,000 miles I have experienced zero defects. I have found the van to be comfortable and powerful. I loan this thing out to friends and family a lot and get many compliments about how nice it drives. As far as appearance and interior quality, It's a cargo van. I don't expect a luxurious interior and head turning looks. I use this thing to move stuff.

Just what the business need
By bulldog carpet clean on 11/10/05 12:53 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Express Cargo Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Everytime I set foot in the drivers seat I thank all involved with me purchasing such a dependable vehicle. As a carpet cleaner with truckmounted equipment, I need something heavy duty as this van. Carrying about an extra 3 thousand pounds from equipment and water the express van does not skip a beat even riding up a steep hill. That's power!!

Chevy vans-why they stink
By frank bolsom on 01/07/05 18:21 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Express Cargo Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Plastic, plastic, plastic. Cheap build quality. Fair ride. Horrible mileage. Body parts flimsy and poorly constructed. Lacking in any get up and go. I can't belive it's the only game in town! I am so sorry I might be stuck with this vehicle. The styling is so bad I can't belive someone was actually paid to design this van. It's that bad! Ugly. I am so disappointed in this van. What a sucker I was to get it.