Used 2005 Chevrolet Express Cargo 2500 Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Express Cargo model:

A good van.
By Happy Owner

2005 Chevrolet Express Cargo Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

For a van it handled well and was very comfortable to drive. Overall excellent reliability. A few glitches in the side door hinges and with a couple of the interior lights. Fuel economy varied dramatically by driving habits. Ranged from 12 to 22 mpg city to highway. Drivetrain reliability was excellent, with minimal expenses for maintenance or repairs in about 50K miles.

Good handling and brakes. Good engine, and reasonable fuel economy.

Stereo selection could use improvement. Door hinges on side doors bind up, and the recall helped, but didn't entirely eliminate binding. Oh yeah - and we could use faster warmup in the Chicago winters.

Decent Work Van
By Tom R

2005 Chevrolet Express Cargo Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this van primarily to transport my disabled mother around on weekends. (I had a wheelchair lift unit installed on the side door). It was an attractive choice for me because it's secondary purspose is that it can used as our family's pickup truck. At 10,000 miles I have experienced zero defects. I have found the van to be comfortable and powerful. I loan this thing out to friends and family a lot and get many compliments about how nice it drives. As far as appearance and interior quality, It's a cargo van. I don't expect a luxurious interior and head turning looks. I use this thing to move stuff.

Smooth powerful V8. Drives great on the highway.

Just what the business need
By bulldog carpet clean

2005 Chevrolet Express Cargo Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Everytime I set foot in the drivers seat I thank all involved with me purchasing such a dependable vehicle. As a carpet cleaner with truckmounted equipment, I need something heavy duty as this van. Carrying about an extra 3 thousand pounds from equipment and water the express van does not skip a beat even riding up a steep hill. That's power!!

I get compliments on the red color and when competitors see my vehicle they refer to it as " major league". It runs smooth and nothing has fallen apart

Power locks

Chevy vans-why they stink
By frank bolsom

2005 Chevrolet Express Cargo Van 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Plastic, plastic, plastic. Cheap build quality. Fair ride. Horrible mileage. Body parts flimsy and poorly constructed. Lacking in any get up and go. I can't belive it's the only game in town! I am so sorry I might be stuck with this vehicle. The styling is so bad I can't belive someone was actually paid to design this van. It's that bad! Ugly. I am so disappointed in this van. What a sucker I was to get it.

When I think of somthing I like I will write back.

Re-work the entire vehicle.......I mean from the ground up....Better quality, less plastic,Better motor, Body parts must be sturdier and made of thicker metal...Now it's almost like thick aluminum foil. Shame on Chevy for forcing this horrid van down our throats!