2004 Chevrolet Express Cargo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Express Cargo model:
Starcraft LT Conversion (5.3L V8)
By John K on 05/23/07 09:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Express Cargo 1500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The van is really an Express RV-base model upgraded with a Starcraft low-top conversion. Great vehicle. Starcraft conversion approach much better than going with the conventional Chevy passenger van. Owned a couple of Ford vans previously, no comparsion, Chevy much superior, particulalry with respect to control and handling. Gas mileage great too after about a 5K mile break in period. Driving about 85% highway and 15% city we're getting a little over 19.5 mpg. Estimate the actual city/highway mileage breakdown would be 16/20. Not bad for 5300 lb full-sized van.

Express Cargo
By Linda Espiritu on 08/27/06 09:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Express Cargo 3500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We've owned this van and are still driving it, first in a cleaning use for my company where we cleaned new construction homes, and now for special functions at church ,school etc. I enjoy driving the van and being able to help so many people with various needs. It has a lot of room and functionality to offer for large families or groups for serious travel or for fun trips. I would highly reccomend this van to any one who is in need for such a vehicle.

Chevy makes a good work van
By ccroceiii on 12/17/05 10:35 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Express Cargo 3500 Rwd 3dr Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Having owned Dodge vans in the past for my contracting business, I was foiled by the 47 inch doorway clearance which did not allow a full sheet of plywood unless angled. Chevy provides access and ease of use. My van has exterior doors on the upper panels that allow access to even the most difficult corners of the custom built shelves. The dealer inadequately tried to explain it's new traction system. I don't know what it does, but have never been stuck in the snow with it. It looks a little strange with angled cut corners and a chicken wire grill. The walls are a bit thin and I know will not stand up to a load shift. Overall, a good truck.

Great car - chevy 2500 -60000 miles
By misu3108 on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Express Cargo 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car in April 2004 to do delivery. Now it's almost october and I have 58000 miles on it.It runs great and I'm realy satisfied with it.I started to put synthetic oil and it seems that my gas mileage went up from 13-15 to 15-17 which is great even though I changed the oil about every 11000 miles as the oil light said.I'm trying to get even better mileage by buying tornadofuelsaver, but the consumer report says that it doesn't work.I didn't have any problems with it but I was thinking to exchange it with a Sprinter(diesel) to save more money.The reviews are not as good as the Express has so I'm still thinking about it.

GMC Savana Cargo Van
By bob998 on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Express Cargo 1500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great van! Drives like a car, can haul over a ton, great brakes and steering. No rattles or noises -- get 20.2 MPG on the Hwy. The 4.3L six has excellent low-end torque, reliability and economy.

good working friend
By abel on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Express Cargo 3500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Iam a cable tech supervisor been using too many trucks finaly mi compani faund some truck I feel confident on the road using an average of 100 mls per day bery goooooood