2003 Chevrolet Express Cargo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Express Cargo model:
Chevy Express Van
By Tim Haigler on 09/19/07 15:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Express Cargo 1500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Our company operates a fleet of delivery vans in 1/2 to 1 ton ratings. Our oldest (2003) Chevy 1500 van now has over 260000 miles in which time we have replaced the water pump, and alternator, and a pinion seal. That's it. No brake pads / rotors or any other part other than oil, filters, and tires. These new (2003-2005) vans have performed far better than the Fords and older GM vans in terms of reliability, gas mileage, and tire mileage. The handling and brake performance is a tremendous improvment over the other vehicles in our fleet. We often operate high mileage vans but none have been as trouble free and the new GM vehicles. They are all have the 5.3 engines and 3.73 gears. Good Job.

WOW...NICE ROAD MACHINE
By craftsman on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Express Cargo 1500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

What a DREAM to drive!..Quiet, Roomy, and really smoothe handling on just about any type of road surface. I got the base model and really don't miss all the bells and whistles I had on my old Jeep Grand Cher LTD. Had it 3 months now w/3000k miles and am completely satisfied with it. Great for my construction work (handling equipment and building materials.) 6 cyl gets good mileage at 20 mpg on the interstate. Solid and well-built! Still getting use to backing up in it though...