2003 Chevrolet Express Cargo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Express Cargo model:
Haul Away!
By Matt on 02/22/08 20:42 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Express Cargo 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought van used in 06 w/ very low mileage. Ample space and hauling capacity. Great, modern look for a work van. 4.8 V8 is reliable as they come, but underpowered for a van this size, especially if you carry a massive amount of equipment as I do. Then again, these vans are made for hauling, not speed. I will buy another Express in the future, but instead go w/ the larger 6.0L engine.

Chevy Express Van
By Tim Haigler on 09/19/07 15:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Express Cargo 1500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Our company operates a fleet of delivery vans in 1/2 to 1 ton ratings. Our oldest (2003) Chevy 1500 van now has over 260000 miles in which time we have replaced the water pump, and alternator, and a pinion seal. That's it. No brake pads / rotors or any other part other than oil, filters, and tires. These new (2003-2005) vans have performed far better than the Fords and older GM vans in terms of reliability, gas mileage, and tire mileage. The handling and brake performance is a tremendous improvment over the other vehicles in our fleet. We often operate high mileage vans but none have been as trouble free and the new GM vehicles. They are all have the 5.3 engines and 3.73 gears. Good Job.

Work Horse
By Dave` on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Express Cargo 3500 Rwd 3dr Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome power, good handling, interior cargo space is the largest I've seen. I'm a general contractor and after install shelving units and cabinets from American Van then loading app. 1800 pounds of tools I saw no difference in performance. A great van for the service industry.

Chevy Express Cargo Van
By polecat on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Express Cargo 3500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Initial problem with power steering. At 60000 miles brake cylinder leak. Terrible alignment problems with heavy loads

WOW...NICE ROAD MACHINE
By craftsman on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Express Cargo 1500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

What a DREAM to drive!..Quiet, Roomy, and really smoothe handling on just about any type of road surface. I got the base model and really don't miss all the bells and whistles I had on my old Jeep Grand Cher LTD. Had it 3 months now w/3000k miles and am completely satisfied with it. Great for my construction work (handling equipment and building materials.) 6 cyl gets good mileage at 20 mpg on the interstate. Solid and well-built! Still getting use to backing up in it though...

MY CHEVY VAN
By CHRIS BALL on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Express Cargo 2500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

MY, CHEVY EXSPRESS IS A JOY TO DRIVE,I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY 2003 CHEVY CARGO VAN ALLTHOUGH, I HAVE NOT HAD IT LOADED YET. I HAVE NOT HAD A CHANCE TO DRIVE IT WITH A FULL LOAD YET.

Repeat owner
By jarhead66 on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Express Cargo 3500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent work vehicle, third one in as many years, only drawback is it's poor mpg however. Even with careful driving it only gets around 10 in the city.

GREAT FOR BUSSINESS
By chckc on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Express Cargo 3500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Van.I bought month ago,already drive 10500 miles in one month,its great vehicle,interior is great,better then older model,more space.