2014 Equinox, my worst nightmare becomes a reality
By johnford on
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
3 weeks ago I purchased a 2014 Chevy Equinox 2LT, 4 cylinder front wheel drive. Listed price is: $33,800 Current Mileage: 1,400 I have always been a "Buy American" supporter, that is until the mid-2000's when I had my last GM product which was as bad of a car as you could ask for. Figured its now 2014 and I should give GM a try again after some reviews of similar vehicles seemed to be fairly good, TERRIBLE MISTAKE. I could write an entire list of issues on this car if the review would let me. 1 point I must make is that within the 1,400 miles of owning this car, it has now been towed 2 times to the dealership for leaving me stranded on the road.
Favorite Features
Comfortable Seats Metallic Red Exterior Color Chrome Wheels, included with Chrome Pack Lots of rear passenger leg room
Suggested Improvements
My main suggested area of improvement is QUALITY. I cannot say that enough times. Followed by: Needs a standard rear tonneau cover for one as optioned as this. Floor mats are very thin and look cheap Leather seats are now starting to wrinkle. Front bumper with the lower guard make it as low as a sedan, which makes it hard to go up certain driveways with out bottoming out. Navigation may take minutes to load maps, irritating when you want to get on the road. Chrome wheels, although nice are actually plastic caps glued on to the metal wheels. Seems okay until you notice they scratch much easier than typical chrome on metal.
By boesman1
on 04/22/14 12:56 PM (PDT)

If you feel that way about the car, why give it 3 stars...IF that was my experience with the vehicle it would get 1 star.

By jonesy85
on 05/01/14 11:40 AM (PDT)

I have had a 2014 2LT for 12k miles, and not a single problem. If you have so many problems with it, then make GM take the vehicle back. How steep of a driveway do you have to make the car scrape front a back?? I have the rubber floor mats, and the dealer gave me a great deal on them. How thick do you need them? Are they rubbing through after only 1400 miles?