Used 2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Just bought it used
By Tirebiter

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The warranty is almost over, so further coverage will cost, and it's got two mystery sounds that may need servicing. There is a very quiet, high-pitched, whine at particular times, almost robotic, like during parking: I would compare it to a 4th of July firework coming down, and a bass, quiet pounding under the rear sometimes as I backup, or other times, like someone dropping furniture. The design is the most pet-friendly I've had. It's great for me who is uncomfortable in small cars and insecure driving trucks.

Gravel and Head Spinning
By LGC

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Specifically asked sales person/manager about the ability of this vehicle to go UP my gravel driveway (sales person was familiar with drive). No problem was the answer. Wrong!!!! I have owned this vehicle for 7 weeks and have 'spun out' more than 6 times. I have googled many sites trying to find out about how or issues for driving UP but only found info for driving DOWN. Not only driving up the drive but also reversing up slight incline (out of cover). The hill is NOT very steep - and is not straight up, has several flat areas, and several turns. I cannot begin to describe how disappointed I am with this vehicle. I spent over a month researching vehicles and went for over a dozen test drives of different vehicles. I feel like I wasted my time and energy. I will attempt to talk with the manager about trading this for a vehicle that will actually DO what I need it to do. I am returning to dealer because manager and his staff are very good to work with and I have been doing business with them for over 4 years with another vehicle, with wonderful results.
My head is spinning trying to figure out how to operate the Infotainment system. And yes, I read the manual specific to the system. All I want to do is listen to my Ipod through the speakers; hooking up to the USB port in center console.

Wish I had know more details about vehicle
By Over 60

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was very disappointed after purchasing my 2014 Equinox. I had owned a Hyundai Santa Fe for 10 years and loved it. After researching decided to go with Chevrolet in 2013. It is so difficult to get in the drivers seat. At first I was constantly hitting my head. I have learned to bend down to get in. There is no room in the driver's seat. The console goes to the back. Hard to reach the lid to close. When going to an ATM, it is impossible to reach out the window. It is very difficult for passengers to get in and out of passenger side. Seats slope on sides and are hard. I have owned the vehicle for 2 years and looking to replace it. It will be my first vehicle I will not drive for 10 years!

Not the quality I was expecting
By AA

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had this car for a year and, unfortunately, it was just a headache. The Bluetooth either didn't stay synched with my iPhone or the sound was crackling when I tried to listen to music that way. I didn't have this problem with my previous car or the one I got after this. The car felt jerky at low speeds, but two dealers said this was normal and that Chevy makes them that way (no other car I have ever had drove like that). I have to assume there's something wrong with the transmission. The final straw, however, was when the car died in the left lane of the highway with less than 20k miles on it. The car was repaired under warranty and I notified the manufacturer. When my husband got a 2015 Ford Escape, I found that the comfort and level of technology seemed light years ahead of what I had in my car. Needless to say, with each passing day, I became more disappointed in this car and eventually traded it in for a historically foreign manufacturer. I have very little good to say about the car, except that there was adequate leg room and the trunk held a lot.

Comfort in driving, sluggish engine
By Tom sewell

2014 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The engine should have more power. Roomy and comfortable to drive