2014 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Nice mid-size SUV; a few disappointing surprises
By ellery_davies on 12/15/14 09:41 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned a long list of small and mid-size SUVs, both foreign and domestic. Until now, I have always purchased the high-end luxury trim, typically "Ltd" or a name-branded premium package, such as "Eddie Bauer"). This time I chose the plain base model with AWD as the only addition. The 2015 Equinox LS is anything but plain! Perhaps it is a sign of the times, but this baby feels quiet & luxurious. It includes everything you would expect on a higher end package, except sunroof. With Onstar for 6 months, it even sports turn-by-turn navigation. The ride is comfortable, suspension seems tight and tires are terrific. But there were some disappointing surprises. Read on...

Everything I was expecting
By phil06 on 09/15/14 05:48 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Based on Internet reviews and comments, I bought a 2014 1LT Equinox with the 6-cylinder engine. I now have 600 miles on the vehicle, and am very satisfied. Acceleration is great, it is comfortable and quiet, and it drives and handles well. (On that latter point, I have seen comments about less than precise steering & handling. I have not noticed that in my Equinox, and wonder if that has to do with the fact that the 4-cylinder Equinox has electric power steering, while the 6-cylinder has hydraulic power steering.) BTW, my gas mileage with the V6 has been HIGHER than the EPA estimate - even during break-in.

2014 Equinox
By pegram on 08/27/14 14:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My 2014 Equinox is a fun vehicle to drive and has a good engine and gets good gas millage. I have only had mine for a couple of months, but so far I have no complaints. I recommend test driving this vehicle to see how well handling it is. James Corlew Dealership in Clarksville, TN was very professional and the salesman Jarren Miller was the best and very helpful in helping us with this purchase.

Still like it
By jonesy85 on 05/01/14 11:50 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this car for over 6 months and 12, miles, and have not had a single problem with it. It handled this past NJ winter snow/cold without a whimper. Didn't need AWD in the snow. I have gotten 32 MPG straight highway and 27 MPG mixed. Could I think of things to add to the car to make it better? Who couldn't. But I am happy with this car and the price I paid for it. It is a very comfortable car with a great engine and great milage.

Pretty good crossover
By italiangrandpa on 02/07/14 21:02 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife fell in love with the Equinox in White Diamond. Lots of room inside. Well laid out dash. Shift smoothly. We went with a 4 cyl. Great on gas mileage a little lite in power.

2014 Equinox, my worst nightmare becomes a reality
By johnford on 01/30/14 09:44 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

3 weeks ago I purchased a 2014 Chevy Equinox 2LT, 4 cylinder front wheel drive. Listed price is: $33,800 Current Mileage: 1,400 I have always been a "Buy American" supporter, that is until the mid-2000's when I had my last GM product which was as bad of a car as you could ask for. Figured its now 2014 and I should give GM a try again after some reviews of similar vehicles seemed to be fairly good, TERRIBLE MISTAKE. I could write an entire list of issues on this car if the review would let me. 1 point I must make is that within the 1,400 miles of owning this car, it has now been towed 2 times to the dealership for leaving me stranded on the road.

More than I expected
By jonesy85 on 01/14/14 12:31 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 2LT in Champagne, with sunroof and 18 inch wheels. This car is very comfortable, and is fun to drive. I get 26MPG combined, and I drive exactly the same highway miles as city on the way to work daily. I have 6K miles on it, and am very impressed with this vehicle. The I4 engine is surprisingly fast, and my last vehicle had a V6. The car was built to be comfortable, so who cares how many more square inches of cargo room the competition has? I have no problem hauling my carpentry tools around, and I have a lot of tools. Take a good look at the Equinox, and decide for yourself. No cliche intended.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Chevrolet Equinox in VA is:

$107 per month*