2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Pleasantly Surprised
By jim0450 on 02/20/13 16:37 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am extremely happy with the 2013 Equinox LTZ with the 3.6L. The style and comfort are great. Ours has all the bells and whistles on it and it is pure fun to drive. Lots of power. The power lift gate and sun roof are a real kick. The seats are powered and adjust easily and comfortably. We have the memory adjust on our Equinox and when i or my wife drive it, it's so easy to push a button and the seat and mirrors adjust to our settings. The size is perfect for the two of us. Plenty of room in the back for guests and the rear seat is adjustable. Enough cargo space in the back for us for luggage or groceries and with the back seats down plenty of room for hauling all sorts of things.

performance
By rsarin on 01/27/13 08:36 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

very poor rear visibility, wish I had known!

Love our 2013 Equinox! GREAT VALUE!
By dnvrsdad1 on 01/24/13 09:09 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle for my family as a family Christmas gift. We immediately have fallen in love with this vehicle. The bells and whistles it offers are hands down top of the line and other similar vehicles do not offer them as a standard feature. This car drives and feels very safe with all the safety features it has on it. Six air bags, all disc brakes, On Star, Rear backup camera. This is a very comfortable ride. The front seats fit like a glove and there is so much rear leg room and space for people to stretch on long road trips. My wife rides in the back often because she likes the overall comfort while my son and I ride up front. The My Link system is stae of the art as well. A+

Equinox Road Noise
By zed58 on 12/29/12 07:42 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Overall the vehicle is not too bad. The tire road noise is terrible. On the coarser paved roads the noise is very noisey and distractive. The vehicle is equipped with Michelin Latitude Tour tires that are also terrible in the snow. I will be looking for new tires if that doesn't remedy the problem, a new vehicle

FWD HORRIBLE in the snow.
By mgrauvogl on 12/27/12 06:42 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love my new Equinox overall. Very stylish, roomy and lots of fun features. The back up camera is a plus and added with OnStar I have a reliable, comfortable driving experience. There are two things I do not like about the vehicle...one is driving on wet or snow covered roads. I elected not to pay the extra for the AWD and am kicking myself for it. I figured for the amount of time I spend on bad roads I really didn't need the AWD. Well, even on the city roads when the least bit wet or a dusting of snow and I feel like there is no control to the vehicle at all! And secondly, the blind spots are real bad.

Very nicely done!
By chevy1969 on 12/14/12 10:29 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Picked up the 2LT 4cyl in white diamond w/light titanium leather interior and the 18" upgrade chrome wheels and man it does look sharp! I bought it for my fiance' for Bday/Xmas and I think i'm happier than she is. First thing is it does get 33 mpg I saw it I calculated it and the onboard computer saved it too...achieved on the NJ Turnpike driving 65 mph, i'm sure if you take it to 70+ it drops way off but it will achieve the mileage they claim on the highway. Second is the light titanium leather interior...very nice! It has been a focal point of everyone that's looked at it. My Toyota fan club neighbor came walking by and I opened the door and his eyes popped out his skull..literally..

What Problems?
By geoflying on 12/11/12 09:18 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my New 2013 equinox 2.4 LS. I just don't see anything to complain about in this car!. On the test drive I did notice the transmission down shifting, but so what? that is what the transmission does. I am impressed with the power for a 4 cylinder engine in this car. As for gas milage it is pretty much same as my old Geo tracker, but this car has more style, more room, more power and fun to drive. This is the best purchase I made for the price I spent, and I did look and drive few other vehicles before chooosing and buying this car.

I didn't expect a Chevy to be this good
By virginiacarguy on 12/08/12 17:17 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2013 6 cylinder AWD 2LT Equinox with leather as a winter/extra vehicle to keep miles off my more expensive cars. I didn't expect a Chevy to be this comfortable, well designed, and almost "elegant" inside. I cross shopped a 2013 Escape SEL, which is sportier but lost points in every other category. The Chevy won with roomier interior, huge backseat room, more comfortable seats, better organized dash, intuitive controls, 301 hp V-6 for the price of a Ford 4 cyl, more refined drive train, quieter ride, classier interior. The Escape had a disjointed "chaotic" non-intuitive dash and controls, uncomfortable back seat with tight leg room, narrow front seats, awkward driving position.

This vehicle is dangerous
By mark330 on 12/05/12 07:13 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is a 4-cyl, 6-spd, front wheel drive. Owned for 8 months, have put 15,500 miles on it. I've been stranded twice due to break-downs, both times requiring a tow back to the dealer. The transmission has major problems, leads to the starter shorted and burned off, and fit and finish is so poor that road dust gathers in the cabin. The front wheel drive is fine on dry roads as long as you keep the traction control on. On wet or icy roads, the vehicle is down right dangerous. Without the traction control you slide all over the place, with the traction control the anti-spin engages and the vehicle will not move. All-wheel drive is obviously a most with this SUV.

An outstanding vehicle
By dc678 on 10/02/12 16:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2013 Equinox LTZ with the 3.6L V-6 eingine. I am very impressed with the quality materials and refinement of the interior, the overall fit and finish, and the performance of the V-6. It is very comfortable, has lots of leg room, and is very quiet. If you are considerig a midsize SUV, you should test drive one. I bet you will be impressed with the quality, performance and comfort. I drove several other brands and they all felt cramped and inferior to the Equinox. This is by far the best quality mid-sized SUV I have found. I average 20MPG driving mostly around town and 23-24 MPG on the highway. I like everything about the equinox and highly recommend it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Equinox Suv in VA is:

$129 per month*