Used 2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Didn't expect to like this SUV as much as I do
By abmwfan

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This review is for a V6 AWD 2LT with leather (apparently Edmunds doesn't give us the option to rate a V6 model). After 16,000 miles, this has been an excellent vehicle. You'll likely be happy with it as long as you have the right expectations. The Equinox is not designed to be a sporty SUV. It's a solid, comfortable, roomy, un-pretentious, completely reliable SUV with excellent highway manners, good technology, and good value. Remember, the Equinox is built on the same platform with the same V-6 as the Cadillac SRX, only de-contented and de-tuned (and much cheaper). A new Equinox will be released in a year or so, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy this model again.

Favorite Features

It's significantly roomier than competitors like the Escape. The back seat slides and tilts to provide huge leg room (unlike the Escape) or increase cargo room. The driving position is natural and comfortable with firm and roomy seats. Onstar and Chevy MyLink work great. It has been completely reliable. The V-6 has plenty of power. It handles with minimal lean in corners and excellent on-center stability. It cruises smoothly at highway speeds. Plenty of storage and cubbies. At 25 mpg highway, the mileage is what I would expect from a permanent AWD and V-6.

Suggested Improvements

While wind and engine noise are muted, tire roar at highway speeds should be reduced (that can also be fixed with after market tires.) The interior is dark and could be updated with brighter color options, less hard plastic, and more options like keyless entry and a better stereo. I hate the narrow front air vents. The minimal adjustability means that it's impossible to set them where they don't blow directly on some part of your body. The next model should have a more sophisticated AWD system.

So far so good!
By dmcnuttfamily

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the 2013 Equinox 2LT this past April. Nice car. First time to buy a Chevy after having Hondas and Toyotas for the past 20 years. Couldn't beat the options and the price when compared to the Hondas and Toyotas. Had some difficulty trying to find the exact car as there are so many options that are not necessarily automatic on a 2LT. For example found the color we wanted with the leather seats we liked but it had a manuel rear door. You would think that on a 2LT the power rear door would be automatically included. Back seats are roomy enough for our 3 teenagers. Front seats provide many adjustments for a comfortable ride.

Favorite Features

The dash display is easy to use. I like the fuel and tire pressure monitor. Heating and air conditioning are very efficient. Seat warmers work very well.

Suggested Improvements

Getting air conditioning and heat to the back seat has been a challenge. There are no rear controls or vents so you have to rely on the front center vents to push air back there. This is the only thing that I am not happy with regarding this car.

Equinox rides smooth
By mikes11

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have 2000 miles on my 2013 Equinox 2LT, and have to say the car is great. Very quiet, the handling and ride are great. I am getting overall mpg of 28 and on the highway over 30mpg. I wish I had gotten the LTZ but I am very happy with this car and cannot find any faults with the exception of my phone book linking up with the my link feature. I called the toll free number and got a really helpful guy to set it up and worked fine but again is not linking up so have to call again. But overall a great vehicle.

Favorite Features

The ride, handling comfort of the seats and looks along with adjustable rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

A locking glove box would be nice.

Equinox Love and Hates
By equinox2013

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I do love driving my Equinox for the most part except when it comes time to refuel. They have changed the nozzel connection to the actual pump and I find myself stressing about the connection from the pump to the nozzel, they do not catch therefore the pump continues to shut down. I actually hate refueling! I asked the dealer what was with that and its just a new change. The first time I needed gasoline I had to push the nozzel in tight for the duration for it kept popping out and shutting off!! I also don't necessarily like the new park break option, you push down on the park break and it sets, you push down again and it releases. I miss my release the park break lever.

Favorite Features

Mileage, easy to drive, comfortable, spacious, great sound system and I love the blue tooth hands off feature.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gasoline tank nozzel, too difficult to maneuver as is now. Park break release, releases too easy as it is now. The turning radius could be better as well.

Love this Equinox
By trombone1

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Special thanks to Jerry Massa at AutoNation Northpoint Alpharetta, GA. He worked with us and got us a great deal on our 2013 Equinox, and he treated us like royalty every step of the way. This is a very well done suv, our second Equinox. Even quieter and smoother than the other one. We tested two other suv's, and this one beats them all.

Favorite Features

very well integrated OnStar and XM. Interior is comfy and quiet. This car has a bunch of interior room and room above my head. It will surprise you on quiet ride.