2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Last Chevy for me
By rondh on 07/07/13 19:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Chevy sold me a car with a known & unresolved problem with the torque converter clutch. Not mentioned before the sale or the sale would not have occurred. I won't go into all the drama, but Chevy and the dealer sold a new car that needs the transmission dropped and would not replace a chipped chrome wheel, valued at over $700, that I did not cause. I have since traded this very poor example of Chevy quality, and yes, I took a real beating on the trade.

Undecided on how I feel about the purchase
By stmyers on 05/28/13 09:53 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I hate how the steering wheel covers up the ac vents, could have designed it better. I have a 2013 with 13k miles, the black granite color. I have had to take it in once already because the paint has bubbled and now I’m taking it in again for the same paint bubbles, just in a different location. My equinox is a 4cy and I only get, at most 25 mpg and the dealer cannot explain why, I drive on open road, not much stop and go traffic. Just recently my brakes have started making a horrible sound. I have had to take it in multiple times for the electronics, all to do with the radio / navigation. I really liked the design of the car, for the most part.

Everything we expected
By hugheskirby on 05/27/13 13:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our 2013 2LT 2 months ago and just love it! We have 2000 miles on it now and have recorded a best of 33.9 miles/gallon on our second road trip. I like the "eco" mode as it really helps get better mileage. I have also towed our small utility trailer to pick up some gardening items and a tree to plant and was very surprised at how easily it pulled the trailer.

Bad drivetrain in the 2011's
By lsmithhart on 05/15/13 05:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We initially loved our Equinox, until the breakdowns and dangerous acceleration problems. The engine repairs began at 4500 miles or so, the transmission was repaired at 15,000 miles or so. With 30,000 miles, my wife doesn't feel it is reliable, so she drives the 2007 Mazda. The GM approach to satisfaction? Sorry!

Good overall value
By rider16 on 04/11/13 04:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this equinox after owning the same car from 2010. Both are 4 cylinder AWD models. I have seen some posts involving engine issues but both my 2010 (50K miles) and my 2013 (12K miles) are both great cars. I get about 29 MPG on both combined driving and neither car is experiencing any engine issues or any other issues at all. My wife is a very aggressive driver and her 2010 still is running original brakes and tires. She never gets 50K on any of her vehicles so this has really impressed me about the car. I have the oil changed by the dealer when the OLM reaches between 30-40% which is still around 6K to 7K intervals. Just had both OLM upgrades and will post the new intervals

Putrid backup camera
By fairportion on 04/08/13 05:35 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Wow, big screen display for camera.Finally, my wife has a car w/a camera. Hah! The camera is too dark to see when backing from a garage and then, apparently, it adjusts to the light and is better. Hmmmm? By then I guess you could run over 3 tricycles and a shovel. Likewise, at night, the camera is virtually useless. There is insufficient light from backup lights to illuminate the area you need to see. This thing should be recalled and fixed. NOW! Conversely, my Kia Soul camera works very well in all the same situations. So much for Yankee ingenuity and the $Billion bailout (oh yeah, my 2013 Equinox was made in Canada).Secondly, the luggage space is laughable compared to our RAV4s.

2013 Chevrolet Equinox
By johnnie14 on 03/11/13 09:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this 2013 Equinox for about one month and I am very happy with it. It has a nice quiet ride, I love the stereo system, love the sunroof. In fact I love everything about it. We are taking it on a 300 mile road trip this next weekend and I am confident of a good ride and great performance. If there is one thing I would have any negative comment about, it would be the gas cap to fill it up with gas is on the passenger side! Other than that, I am very pleased with my new car. We are recently retired and this will probably be our last new car.

Extremely happy
By njbettina on 03/08/13 10:08 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second chevy that I've owned. My first was totalled in a hail storm and then I chose a nissan which I hated, then a mazda, and now back to chevy with my first SUV. I have to say that I absolutely LOVE this car. There is alot to be said about an american made car vs. a foreign one. I was debating between the Huyandi Tucson and the Equinox. For me, the only thing Hyuandi has over Chevy is their long warranty, once I shut the door in the chevy, I was sold.

Among the best
By gina6629 on 03/06/13 12:18 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Stylish and comfortable with bells and whistles that I love such as the turn by turn navigation, the Eco button which saves on gas and the way gas prices are today, I'm glad I have it and takes regular gas...which is a plus, it has the pioneer premium sound system....hands,-free calling, rear-view camera....[non-permissible content removed]

Pleasantly Surprised
By jim0450 on 02/20/13 16:37 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am extremely happy with the 2013 Equinox LTZ with the 3.6L. The style and comfort are great. Ours has all the bells and whistles on it and it is pure fun to drive. Lots of power. The power lift gate and sun roof are a real kick. The seats are powered and adjust easily and comfortably. We have the memory adjust on our Equinox and when i or my wife drive it, it's so easy to push a button and the seat and mirrors adjust to our settings. The size is perfect for the two of us. Plenty of room in the back for guests and the rear seat is adjustable. Enough cargo space in the back for us for luggage or groceries and with the back seats down plenty of room for hauling all sorts of things.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Equinox Suv in VA is:

$127 per month*