Used 2013 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Great car for my purposes
By Jim

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It's safe, comfortable albeit a bit under powered with the 4 cylinder engine.

I love my Equinox
By Audy2020

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Of course has 6 speed trasmitions but has plenty of power whit 2.4 in the snow driving in to hill fwd does very good job whit all season tire i love my equinox better than toyota and Honda very quiet ride save gas 5 stars

Love my Equinox
By Audy

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Very nice suv gas saver driving dynamic i love this Chevrolet nice styles

Of Some Concern
By John Pitts

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have the 2013 Chevy 2LT Equinox with 301 HP V6. Fwd, Leather,black on black, Tow Package, everything power. I only lack AWD, which I haven't needed in our somewhat snowy and icy winters Central Indiana. And Navigation. I also don't have the Economy Button people speak of here.
I've had the car brand new off the lot $31k. I've had a couple of concerns. 2 days ago my power breaks locked my back wheels while driving. I had to have an expensive tow, but the work was under warranty. I haven't hit the basic 3 yrs 38k miles yet, I'm at 2 yrs 27100 miles. If I had been out on the interstate I think I may have had a bad crash, idk, don't wanna find out. The dealership fixed the problem promptly. I think perhaps this should be a recall that is fixed for everyone. Also, my license plate light on one side has lost the outer covering somehow in the car wash I beleive. The rear window doesn't clean easily. Seems to smear. No matter how clean I try and make it. Although it's garage kept, I cannot make that rear window look brand new again. I baby my car, and I absolutely love it otherwise. I avg 18 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway. I am average height and weight 5 11 180 lbs and the seating is extremely comfortable. The floor mats look well aged after going through just two winters, should have purchased winter floor mats sooner. I use both the fwd collision alert and the lane departure warning, and I love these options. I have the upgraded 18 inch wheels. I guess I'm here to boast about how much I love my car.... But, that being said, I'm concerned about this recent parking break issue. I think that's dangerous. The dealer said no worries, and blew off further conversation, but I'm a bit I settled on the issue and may contact Chevrolet directly.

Happy after almost 3 years and 20k miles
By Vicki

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have been happy overall with my leased 2013 Equinox LTZ. Gas mileage in city (LA stop & go? traffic) consistently 20 mpg; freeway high 20's...low 30's in ECO mode.

Only issue thus far has been occasional hiccups in radio/nav system (occasionally doesn't turn on with car; often starts in radio mode rather than usb/iPod where it was when turned off).

In terms of design, really like sliding back seat...lots of rear seat leg room when not hauling cargo. Cargo space is a bit narrow, but has been adequate for my needs. Rear seats fold flat (as long as headrests retracted), creating good space when needed. Not thrilled with plastic door panels...very cheap looking.

Absolutely HATED front collision sensor, and turned both it and the lane indicator OFF shortly after purchase...front collision sensor would apply brakes when accelerating to pass, and also on "twisty road"...apparently it thought I was headed for the cars parked on the opposite side of the street so applied brakes...very irritating and potentially dangerous.

Fit and finish have been great. Absolutely no repairs required outside of routine oil changes/tire rotations. Tires and brakes still ok at 20k miles.