2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
2013 Eqinox is in the shop for repair every few months
By nicolepalese on 01/25/15 10:44 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased my Equinox June of 2013, when I brought it in for my first oil change, I already had an oil leak. Right around my second oil change I heard this horrible banging noise coming from the rear of the vehicle, the car needed a new secondary fuel pump, and sensor. Right before my 3rd oil change my check engine light came on, the car needed a new fuel rail pressure sensor. Now the car just came out of the shop this week due to a humming sound when I would turn on my ac. It turns out the car needed a whole new ac compressor. I have had nothing but problems with my new car. I have purchased 3 other brand new vehicles in the past, and never had any problems with them. Very disappointed!

My first new vehicle
By toody on 08/24/14 02:00 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Equinox for over a year now and here are my pros and cons. Pros: -I haven't gotten stuck once during the first winter season with my all seasons. I can't wait to drive it with winter tires. -I like the sliding backseat feature. My parents won't ride shotgun because they like the room in the back! -Fairly good on gas and very decent on the highways when on eco mode -Smooth ride, especially on highways -Blind spot mirrors are very helpful Cons: -Wish the backseats would fold flat, it gives it a weird angle when folded. -Very narrow space from behind -Some of the interior gives it a cheap look and easily scratches and dents from normal wear -Steering is sluggish

1ST YEAR REVIEW
By mjdozie on 07/24/14 15:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My gf bought a 2013 Equinox just over 1 year ago & we have enjoyed it as our daily commuter. We enjoy the cargo space as we have filled it up, probably too much, several times over the past year with room to spare. The Chevy MyLink system is good & bluetooth calling & entertainment system works well. My gf's favorite feature are the heated seats. They get very warm very quickly which she enjoys for her back. Driving is not very exciting due to lack of steering feel & you can feel the base 182 hp's lack of power in some situations, though it always gets the job done. We are always comfortable & you have lots of personal space which is great, especially for those trips with several passengers.

Leaky Sun Roof
By rickoh1 on 04/17/14 08:01 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2013 Chevy Equinox new in February 2013. If you wash the car at home in your driveway everything is fine, but it starts snowing and you try to take it through a car wash, the sun roof leaks and you get all wet. I have taken it back twice to the dealer and talked to GM, both say that is the way the car is made, all 2012 and 2013 Equinox sun roofs leak when you take them through a car wash. My recommendation if you live where you have bad weather and take your car through a car wash, don't get a sun roof or buy something else.

I Love My 2013 Equinox!!
By andrea2u on 03/30/14 10:13 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

6 months and 4,000 miles later I have absolutely no regrets! Comfy and fun to drive. No problem passing or merging. Pleasantly surprised at the power it has when you need it. Filling up was difficult but after a couple times you get used to it and now it's no problem. It's soo quiet , roomy and the ride is great. My top 3 were the Mazda CX5, Nissan Rogue, and Equinox. After test drives I knew it was the Chevy. I don't have any blind spots. It has a sturdy & safe feel. My mpg is as advertised but it's all in how you drive. A quick 500 mile trip gave me 31.8mpg. I found a great dealer and got a great price! One problem is my daughter borrowed it and didn't want to give it back!

Didn't expect to like this SUV as much as I do
By abmwfan on 01/11/14 09:37 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This review is for a V6 AWD 2LT with leather (apparently Edmunds doesn't give us the option to rate a V6 model). After 16,000 miles, this has been an excellent vehicle. You'll likely be happy with it as long as you have the right expectations. The Equinox is not designed to be a sporty SUV. It's a solid, comfortable, roomy, un-pretentious, completely reliable SUV with excellent highway manners, good technology, and good value. Remember, the Equinox is built on the same platform with the same V-6 as the Cadillac SRX, only de-contented and de-tuned (and much cheaper). A new Equinox will be released in a year or so, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy this model again.

So far so good!
By dmcnuttfamily on 10/28/13 07:54 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the 2013 Equinox 2LT this past April. Nice car. First time to buy a Chevy after having Hondas and Toyotas for the past 20 years. Couldn't beat the options and the price when compared to the Hondas and Toyotas. Had some difficulty trying to find the exact car as there are so many options that are not necessarily automatic on a 2LT. For example found the color we wanted with the leather seats we liked but it had a manuel rear door. You would think that on a 2LT the power rear door would be automatically included. Back seats are roomy enough for our 3 teenagers. Front seats provide many adjustments for a comfortable ride.

Equinox rides smooth
By mikes11 on 10/02/13 06:50 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have 2000 miles on my 2013 Equinox 2LT, and have to say the car is great. Very quiet, the handling and ride are great. I am getting overall mpg of 28 and on the highway over 30mpg. I wish I had gotten the LTZ but I am very happy with this car and cannot find any faults with the exception of my phone book linking up with the my link feature. I called the toll free number and got a really helpful guy to set it up and worked fine but again is not linking up so have to call again. But overall a great vehicle.

Equinox Love and Hates
By equinox2013 on 09/25/13 13:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I do love driving my Equinox for the most part except when it comes time to refuel. They have changed the nozzel connection to the actual pump and I find myself stressing about the connection from the pump to the nozzel, they do not catch therefore the pump continues to shut down. I actually hate refueling! I asked the dealer what was with that and its just a new change. The first time I needed gasoline I had to push the nozzel in tight for the duration for it kept popping out and shutting off!! I also don't necessarily like the new park break option, you push down on the park break and it sets, you push down again and it releases. I miss my release the park break lever.

Love this Equinox
By trombone1 on 09/19/13 20:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Special thanks to Jerry Massa at AutoNation Northpoint Alpharetta, GA. He worked with us and got us a great deal on our 2013 Equinox, and he treated us like royalty every step of the way. This is a very well done suv, our second Equinox. Even quieter and smoother than the other one. We tested two other suv's, and this one beats them all.