Used 2013 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

A superb car for LIFE
By Bob Thomas

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am now 79 years of age and have finally purchased a car that exceeds ALL of my expectations. Reliability, comfort, gas economy and looks (inside and out).

2013 Chevy Equinox
By Ginny

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought an original Equinox a 2005 when the first came out (which I loved) so when I was in need of another car I knew I would go to another Equinox. This car has been one problem after another. 1) During a family trip the wiper motor stopped working during a horrific rain storm ( luckily went to an awesome dealer wished I lived in that state). 2) the transmission went on my way to get groceries the original dealer wasn't real accommodating so had to go another which was ok - wasn't great experience and 3) now while driving its stalls - really how safe is this car. I'm so scared to get it in now - I can't express my disappointment in Chevy & GM

love it.
By DMBaker

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my used 2013 equinox in may 2015. Had it almost 1 year. I love it. There are a few things I would like to see changed in future models. Like rear seat climate control. That would be great for the Arizona summers. Also rear seat audio headphone port and dvd. Also a usb port right up near the stereo.
Another thing, the seats don't go down low enough. I'm 5.7, and I would like the seat to go down lower.
But even with the above mentioned suggestions, I really love this car. I love the electonics. The size of the seats. The room in the car is great. I love being a bit higher off the ground. The cargo space is great. Smooth ride.
Nice interior.
But like I said the biggest negative for me is that the 2013 doesn't have rear seat climate control. So my rear passages nearly have heat stoke when driving with me during the Arizona summer. It takes about 20 minutes until the air conditioning makes its way to the back seat. And usually by then, we are already at our destination. I researched and I don't believe the newer models have rear climate control, but I could be wrong. If they dont, they need to add it. If Chevys engineer/designers lived 1 summer in Az, they would definatly add it.

Great car for my purposes
By Jim

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It's safe, comfortable albeit a bit under powered with the 4 cylinder engine.

I love my Equinox
By Audy2020

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Of course has 6 speed trasmitions but has plenty of power whit 2.4 in the snow driving in to hill fwd does very good job whit all season tire i love my equinox better than toyota and Honda very quiet ride save gas 5 stars