Used 2013 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

2013 Eqinox is in the shop for repair every few months
By nicolepalese

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased my Equinox June of 2013, when I brought it in for my first oil change, I already had an oil leak. Right around my second oil change I heard this horrible banging noise coming from the rear of the vehicle, the car needed a new secondary fuel pump, and sensor. Right before my 3rd oil change my check engine light came on, the car needed a new fuel rail pressure sensor. Now the car just came out of the shop this week due to a humming sound when I would turn on my ac. It turns out the car needed a whole new ac compressor. I have had nothing but problems with my new car. I have purchased 3 other brand new vehicles in the past, and never had any problems with them. Very disappointed!

My first new vehicle
By toody

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Equinox for over a year now and here are my pros and cons. Pros: -I haven't gotten stuck once during the first winter season with my all seasons. I can't wait to drive it with winter tires. -I like the sliding backseat feature. My parents won't ride shotgun because they like the room in the back! -Fairly good on gas and very decent on the highways when on eco mode -Smooth ride, especially on highways -Blind spot mirrors are very helpful Cons: -Wish the backseats would fold flat, it gives it a weird angle when folded. -Very narrow space from behind -Some of the interior gives it a cheap look and easily scratches and dents from normal wear -Steering is sluggish

I love the myLink that it comes with. The screen is large and nicely positioned on the dashboard. The onstar feature is awesome for the fact that I'm not afraid to accidentally lock my keys in the SUV. I have that piece of mind that I can call onstar or use my phone app to unlock. Onstar also has allowed me to start my car from my phone since I park far from work. Only problem is it doesn't start all the time from my phone as it gives me an error message. Must be that odd communication thing. The Equinox has a ridiculously deep armrest storage compartment. You can put a lot of junk in there.

I would love to see the seats fold flat. It's awkward sometimes trying to store large items as it goes in a weird angle. There are no vents in the back so it takes a while for the passengers in the back to receive AC or heat. GM needs to use their space more wisely such as widening that awkward narrow back entry. Steering could be more crisp. It's decent to drive but it could use some work. Clearance could be higher in the front. I find that the front is pretty low and close to the ground and can be prone to scratches

1ST YEAR REVIEW
By mjdozie

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My gf bought a 2013 Equinox just over 1 year ago & we have enjoyed it as our daily commuter. We enjoy the cargo space as we have filled it up, probably too much, several times over the past year with room to spare. The Chevy MyLink system is good & bluetooth calling & entertainment system works well. My gf's favorite feature are the heated seats. They get very warm very quickly which she enjoys for her back. Driving is not very exciting due to lack of steering feel & you can feel the base 182 hp's lack of power in some situations, though it always gets the job done. We are always comfortable & you have lots of personal space which is great, especially for those trips with several passengers.

Cargo Space, Personal Space, Chevy MyLink System, Dual Power Heated Leather Seats, Sunroof.

Opt for the 301 HP V6, Better Steering Feel, Less Body Roll.

Leaky Sun Roof
By rickoh1

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2013 Chevy Equinox new in February 2013. If you wash the car at home in your driveway everything is fine, but it starts snowing and you try to take it through a car wash, the sun roof leaks and you get all wet. I have taken it back twice to the dealer and talked to GM, both say that is the way the car is made, all 2012 and 2013 Equinox sun roofs leak when you take them through a car wash. My recommendation if you live where you have bad weather and take your car through a car wash, don't get a sun roof or buy something else.

The power seats are very comfortable and ride is nice.

Fix the sun roof, do away with front wheel drive it is terrible in snow, recommend the AWB.

I Love My 2013 Equinox!!
By andrea2u

2013 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

6 months and 4,000 miles later I have absolutely no regrets! Comfy and fun to drive. No problem passing or merging. Pleasantly surprised at the power it has when you need it. Filling up was difficult but after a couple times you get used to it and now it's no problem. It's soo quiet , roomy and the ride is great. My top 3 were the Mazda CX5, Nissan Rogue, and Equinox. After test drives I knew it was the Chevy. I don't have any blind spots. It has a sturdy & safe feel. My mpg is as advertised but it's all in how you drive. A quick 500 mile trip gave me 31.8mpg. I found a great dealer and got a great price! One problem is my daughter borrowed it and didn't want to give it back!

Love the hands free Bluetooth and Onstar. Safety features and back up camera. Auto headlights

The only thing I wish for is a larger place by my seat to put my purse, console is useless. By myself it's okay I just use the passenger seat otherwise the floor or back seat is where it goes. Compared to all the good things it's trivial!