Worth the price
By lanehalli on
2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I recently purchased a Chevy Equinox base model with the Bluetooth package the only added feature. After nearly 800 miles, I am very happy with my purchase. The Equinox delivers fine performance (even the 4 cylinder moves enough with it's smart 6speed transmission). The car steers, brakes and handles with superior results. As for gas mileage, I get around 16 mpg around the city, but 31-32 on moving highways, so I am satisfied. I would think a driver would get around 20 mph around a normal suburban town as the Equinox uses tons of gas starting and stopping in city traffic. The standard features the car is equipped with are more than adequate, as I love the Onstar Navigation and blue-tooth.
Favorite Features
On star, XM radio, blue tooth, and computer dash system. Realize to keep these options you need to add $35 bucks a month to the price of the Equinox. Handling, braking and drivability. I love the gas mileage on the highway as it far outperforms my Toyota four cylinders. And I fell that the base model is comparable with Toyota's Limited RAV features at a much better price.
Suggested Improvements
I think the doors on the Equinox need a stiffer hinge, as they have easily closed on my children several times. You have to make sure the door is FULLY open so that it does not close. I wish the XM and Onstar had longer trial periods. Also there is a significant blind side on this car to the right rear that makes highway lane changes and right merges a bit more challenging than the average car
By bertal34
on 03/01/12 12:00 PM (PST)

Helpful review but there's no way you get DOUBLE the MPG from city to highway.