Worth the buy
By worththebuy on
2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I purchased this vehicle in July 2011. It was certified preowned with V6 per my request. Drive this 3000 miles a month due to my 10 hr weekly commute out of state for work. Anyway while I agree with others it sucks in city driving, its great for highway. Manage to get 25 mpg at 70 mph. Got this vehile when it was almost 19K miles. Now I'm approaching 49K miles. Not had one problem with it. Great runner for me. Purposely wanted a V6 for the ride and ease of driving conditions. Didn't think 4 cyl would handle the PA's valleys on the interstate roads. Thinking trading in for newer Equinox so I can have factory towing package (hd springs & shocks, beefed up tranny cooling lines).
Favorite Features
Very nice leg room. Cargo room just about right. Like the power seats feature. Changing the oil is easy once you get past the first time. Far better than my wife's minivan or my previous car although it does require jacking up to reach for the drain plug.
Suggested Improvements
First, didn't like the price as dealer didn't give me any breathing room. I was in jam at the time due to my previous vehicle blowing a head gasket. He was too cheap on tire rotation. So will do better next time for greater value deal somewhere else. Second, reaching for the radio dials sucks. I do not like the radio dashboard's lead back angle. It's too far. No one should have to move its body forward from static position to reach for the dials. I think it needs to be forward leaning by 45 degrees or so. Third, don't like the fog lights design. Hard to wash around its features, need a brush. Fourth, rust on tailgate's lift cylinders. I've been told this is a common GM problem.