stay away
By ajcraighead on
2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I picked up the 2012 Equinox in Oct of 2011, it was a down grade from the Toyota Tundra for me. This car I got for the fuel economy, well I do get better gas millage then with the Tundra and I thought was letís buy American. Well that was a huge mistake. Sense I got this car 3 months ago Iíve been in the shop 6 times and they still canít figure out what is going on with it. Each time Iíve taken it in, Iíve been there for 6-8 hours each time. Some engineer for Chevy decided to not include brackets or mounts for future add onís. So now that I want to add factory fog lights on my 1LT I canít. Thanks Chevy. I first got the 4 cylinder which had no pick up on inclines at all, plus just to get me into a car, they wanted to do an aftermarket sunroof. I brought that on back and they put me in the 6 cylinder, that one has no pick up either, but now Iím stuck. The engine is so computerized now there is no way to do anything on the car yourself. Bottom line I Hate This Car!!!!!!!!!
Favorite Features
Gas millage
Suggested Improvements
I would ask that there would be the bracket and mounts for future add onís. The screen in the cabin be video capable and picture capable. And donít buy Chevy till they go back to the way the built cars and trucks before. if you do buy this get the AWD
By saneperson
on 12/29/11 13:10 PM (PST)

You should have paid more attention to the details (like the presence of attachment points for fog lamps and backup video screens) before purchasing your first Equinox. There are models of the Equinox that come equipped with fog lamps and backup cameras, but of course they are the more expensive trim levels. Do not blame Chevrolet for your own lack of due diligence prior to buying a car. I do agree with you that people should always choose the AWD or 4WD option whenever it is available. I would add the advice to always choose the largest available engine as well. Happy New Year everybody!!!