2012 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: I Missed My Old Equinox

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Review

I Missed My Old Equinox
By techygeek82 on

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So for the past 3 years I've been driving a truck, which I went to from a 2008 Equinox. I loved it and missed it all those years. Now that I'm back in one, I have to say Chevy came a LONG way in their design. From the older models having a 'retro' feel to the 2012s which have a more modern look. I'm back in the vehicle I love.

I have to ask, what kind of gas people are using who are complaining about miles? The mid-grade with 10% ethanol or Regular 87 octane? That could be why people see less mileage. Right now I'm getting, based on onboard display, about 21.6mpg and the engine isn't even fully broken in yeat (still at 135 miles) on regular unleaded fuel. The Equniox just feels great to drive. Smooth ride, great onboard features and displays and a well designed console. Coming from 11mpg to 22mpg feels great too! I will actually ENJOY driving and not be as concerned about fuel consumption.

The two things I would have to say need changed would be the driver side and passenger mirrors. I have ones that have the little 'blind spot' mirror in the upper corners. They are quite difficult to get used to. I would also have to say, while the button layouts on the InfoTainment center are well placed, there are a lot. I'm sure once I set everything as it's needed, the buttons won't really matter, but still.