2012 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: Great vehicle all around, but.

2012 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Great vehicle all around, but...
By candurandu on

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I use the Equinox for work and drive it in all conditions like rain, snow and total darkness. Like others have said, acceleration is adequate and MPG is so-so. The exterior look is handsome, if somewhat generic and reliability has been outstanding. The only real beef I have is a personal taste issue and it has to do with interior color choices. My Chevy has a black interior with a weird gray fabric on the seats and backrest all set off with red stitching. Really? Someone looked at this design and decided middle America would go crazy over this tonal mishmash? I think many sales have been lost due to this corporate decision as it appears to not be very stain resistant.

Style- clean cut, if generic Utility- does everything I ask it to. Comfort- fits my 6'4" body very well. Very reliable- not an issue in 25,000 miles I have a base model for work, the fancier levels must be quite comfy

less chaotic interior color choices One more power outlet up front MPG just Ok lock/unlock mechanism confusing- it's in the central panel, boomerag-shaped and not intuitive.
By alicia1213
on 06/29/12 12:19 PM (PDT)

As the mother of a two year old, the interior was actually a draw for me. I looked at it and immediately thought "Woah, even the kiddo cant stain that!!"