Great Suv poor fuel economy
By wildman52003 on
2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
We purchased this vehicle on july 1st of 2012 and even though it rides great and has plenty of room we are disappointed in the fuel economy of the 4 cylinder motor. So far we have average 28.4 mph and have a average of 17.4 mpg. We took the vehicle to the dealer where we made the purchase and the service department told us that the vehicle has break-in oil in the motor and that once we have the oil changed to the synthetic oil the mileage will get better. Do I believe that? Well we will have to wait and see. Just so everyone knows we are not a young couple. We are in our low 50s and we drive in such that matter, no rabbit starts or excessive speeding.
Favorite Features
Bluetooth,Radio with the XM,onstar service,and the vehicle saftey and my wife loves the remote start for the saftey issues.
Suggested Improvements
The rear hatch window should be able to open separate from the tailgate. It is ashame that you have to open that huge tailgate to gain access to the trunk area. If chevrolet is going to make everyone have to lift that tailgate then at least make it remote and powerliftgate standard on all models and just add it in the price. I would also like to have a intergrated child seat for my grandaughter.
By jeno555
on 10/14/12 07:10 AM (PDT)

I bought a 2013 Equinox LTZ, I love this vehicle, has all the extras, leather seats that ride wonderful, have not put a lot of miles on it yet, but so far, I am pleased with the gas mileage, I enjoy driving this car, and the comfort it provides, the main feature I was looking for was good seats and seats with memory, and decent gas mileage, I got both in this vehicle, I have a small hang-up about other people moving and adjusting my driver seat, very annoying, now that is taken care of, my 4 cyl FWD works great for me, I owned a 2002 Trailblazer 4x4 for 10 years with no problems, just hope this one gives the same service.

By porj
on 08/12/12 13:46 PM (PDT)

I have this same vehicle. At 32 mph we are acheiving 27.4 mpg. Don't have a clue as to why you are not. Are you using eco mode?