Equinox LTZ
By norwin on
2012 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
We bought the 4 cyl LTZ in May 2012 and we are happy with the performance and styling of the vehicle.I was a little leery of buying a 4 banger but after a 900 mile trip was pleasantly surprised with performance and gas mileage. The first tank (in ECO mode) got 31.4mpg at 65 to 75mph with ac on,2 people and luggage on board. Sure, its not going to perform like the big boys, but I feel comfortable with it's power in traffic and never feel like I have to "get over get run over." Subsequent mileage checks for the type of driving we do are in 28-29mpg range.
Favorite Features
The LTZ has many nice features and is very nicely equipped for a car in this price range. We like them all, the leather memory seats,on star,onboard navigation,rear vision camera and the list goes on. If you are truly interested in the Equinox,grab a book at the dealership and check it out. The LTZ comes with several upgrades as compared to the LS and LT models and then you can decide which one is right for your needs and wants.
Suggested Improvements
Sure, I like the LTZ but I also think GM missed the boat on a few things. It would have been nice if they would have included a power front passenger seat and a built in garage door transmitter. Two things I really don't like are the driver info center is a little bit cranky and the fuel tank door is on the passenger side, but these things are not a deal breaker.