Used 2012 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

The Great Car in this price
By ardavan

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love this car, the best car in this price. It's very comfortable, has a good handling, you can trust him on the way with a lot of meanders

So far so it's great.
By sixstringerman

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I don't know why anybody would really knock this car. The car does what it's supposed to do. I live in the SF Bay Area and lot's of traffic and hills. I'm getting 23+ mpg and I'm still learning how to drive with mpg in mind. The car teaches you how to achieve it if you pay attention. After a while it will become second nature. I can see how this car can deliver the mpg that it claims when on the open road more. Got all the goodies except Nav. It drives very well, but you can tell you have a small engine. I'm not a guy who thinks he needs to have speed and power. Just get me to where I want to go. I'm good.

Favorite Features

My favorite features so far....I would say it's the comfort. I'm good to go for a long haul and be entertained with the XM radio on the way. I like that the remote control's connect distance is so great. I must have been around 75 or so yards away and locked the car. I love the seat adjustments....very nicely done. Sound system is pleasing to the ear and very adjustable.

Suggested Improvements

Cargo area in back is limited but I guess this is what you get when you build the car to gain more comfort in the seating. Front seats adjust way back and so does the back seating. Somethings gotta go when you do that. But, their is only the two of us now and the cargo area is just fine.

so far so good
By tcs4886

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

bought this vehicle on 1/19/12, it has 4,700 miles on it and havent had any problems with it. Fuel economey has been about 24 mpg around town. I downgraded from a 2004 Tahoe to try and get rid of paying $120 a week in gas. I pick apart every vehicle I own and havent found to many things i dont like so far. Biggest downside is the lack of power. Downgrading from a V8 in my old vehicle to a 4 cyl was hard enough, but it really could use a little more power. It is a very comfortable vehicle with plenty of front and rear leg room and do i dare say..its ACTUALLY pretty fun to drive. no trips to the shop except for an oil change. best vehicle I have had yet in snow. hopefully the good luck goes on

Favorite Features

quiet, smooth ride, Driver information center, Bluetooth controls, Great sounding stereo

Suggested Improvements

stereo buttons are a little far to reach (use steering wheel mounted controls instead) needs more power, ECO mode doesnt seem to do much

2012 Chevy Equinox 1LT V6/AWD w/ All Star Package
By islandreamer

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is an update to my previous review. After a little over 3500 miles, I have been averaging 21 mpg at an average speed of 26 mph (mix city/hwy). On the interstate at a steady 65 mph, I was able to average 28 mpg and at steady 70 mph, 27 mpg. Not bad for V6 with all wheel drive. I hope to see more improvement as she continues to break in. This ride is getting better and better!

Favorite Features

Uses regular gas.

Suggested Improvements

Full size spare.

Bad gas Mileage-Transmission Jumps!
By ongarvey

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am leasing this vehichle and it states gas mileage that isn't correct for all states. Apparently in an E-85 gas the fuel ecomonmy is terrible so thinking It was a smart buy because my car was only getting 16mpg ...Now this only gets about 17mpg combined city and highway not even close to 26 combined. On top of that something is going on with it, it jumps into gear sometimes and when using cruise it's not a smooth transition when using the button to accel

Suggested Improvements

The manufacturer should have to tell you or you would expect the dealer to be real about it. I am on a very tight budget and the repairs on my old car was nickel and diming me to death. I justified the purchase on newer car, no repairs for 3 years and better gas mileage!