Used 2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Great Vehicle
By rushfan2

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I bought ours about a month ago and have about 1500 miles on it. We hadn't owned an SUV before. I'm 6'7" and the wife is 6'. Plenty of room for both of us. Easy to get into and out of, which is important to me because I've had a hip replacement. Great to drive. Very smooth acceleration, quiet ride. Getting about 24 MPG. Wife drives it to/from work, which is only about 12 miles each way, so that's not surprising. Took it on one trip to Baltimore, about 2.5 hours away, and it was great. We love it and would recommend it to anyone. I also have a 2005 Impala, and we traded in the wife's 2003 Monte Carlo, so we're Chevy people anyway.

Touch screen radio system is great. Love the remote start. Plenty of room in both front and back. Our son, who is 6'5", sat behind my wife and had plenty of room.

None.

Better equipped and built than the competition
By labluebabe

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We test drove the new Mazda CX-5, Ford Escape, Nissan Rogue, Hyundai something and a few other SUVs. The top of our list was the Equinox, Escape and CX-5. The Ford and Chevy were our two favorites, but at the end of the day the Equinox was cheaper for the fully loaded version and came with a 100k mile/5yr warranty, vs the 60k on the Escape. We got the LTZ loaded with FULL LEATHER seats, not partial leather in the Titanium (beware! you can find full leather Escape Titaniums but MOST of the Titaniums are PARTIAL leather where just the middle insert is leather!). To anyone looking at new SUVs, be sure to test drive BOTH the V6 and 4 cylinder Equinox, there's a huge difference in power!

We love the 264hp V6, 3500lb towing capacity and amazing legroom in the back seat. The center electronics in the 2013 Escape are harder to use, whereas in the Equinox its easy to find everything +has hard buttons for the most frequently used tasks. Nav and bluetooth calls are super easy. I also like how I can send a Google map STRAIGHT to my car from my phone - how awesome is that? The microphone is amazing - when you make or receive a call you just talk normal like the person is sitting next to you. It's awesome to be able to talk and drive without fumbling for your phone. The collision detection and lane change systems are ingenious, and the backup camera with park assist is invaluable.

We were willing to forego the higher mpg 4 cylinder for the V6, as we like having passing power - but like everyone else we wouldn't mind if the V6 got 30mpg. We're averaging about 20mpg right now with mixed driving, which isn't bad for a powerful SUV. We would like to see side step bars, the Equinox isnt hard to get into for adults but we have a 3yr old and it would help him to have the step. He manages to get in on his own, just has to exert a bit more energy (being a toddler we dont mind him getting a little tired!) Oh, OnStar could be a bit cheaper, we like it has 6mo free but $30/mo is a bit steep. They have a cool app for your Android / iPhone that lets you start your car remotely.

Great SUV purchase
By newchevysuv

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great new suv purchase for our family of 4. After shopping around we found a beautiful Chevy Equinox at the best price at Montebello Chevrolet! Our salesperson was very professional and very knowledgeable about this vehicle. We knew we were done shopping once we arrived at Montebellow Chevrolet. We could not resist the price of this new car. I drive it to work everyday. It's easy to drive and runs so smoothly and it's a great looking car. We are very happy with our purchase. This is exactly what we were looking for in a car.

SUV size is excellent. Onstar service is important, very roomy inside for teens and the whole family. Beautiful interior and confy front and back seats. I love that you can adjust the lower back of the front seats to give you the most confortable drive ever. Colorful radio touchscreen is the best I've seen and milage is great! Less visits to the gas station finally!!! We are very happy with our purchase.

Should have bought a G class!
By mrdubious

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Rent one B4 you by one! Poor fit/finish of interior dash and front door panels. Primer showing thru paint. 6 cyl with 6 speedTrans upshifts/downshifts at an annoying rate! Tradn' for a Benz!

EPA mileage a joke -- but I love the SUV
By d2h2o

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Picked up mine on December 1, 2011 -- and have enjoyed the ride ever since. Right now I almost have 7000 miles on it and no problems what so ever! I appreciate the room for the driver and passengers. Love the radio, automatic air setting. Drivers seat is very comfortable.

Remote Start, Auto heat/air setting, leather seats, lumbar support is great! Lots of room for backseat passengers

cargo room could be larger and mileage could be better