2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews 7

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
ECO Mode is a bit squirrelly
By pawcoboss on 08/22/11 13:42 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought a 4 cylinder Equinox. Have less than 500 miles on it. Good looks, great value, very comfortable, not going to win any races. Mileage claims I knew going in were significantly overstated but that's O.K. 30 years ago I bought a 1981 Cadillac Eldorado with the V-8-6-4 engine. State of the art technology @ the time. The only trouble was that the car seemed to be driving you rather than you driving it since it would decide when to run on 8 or 6 or 4 cylinders. A real technical flop for GM as it was discontinued after one year. Driving the new Equinox in the ECO mode reminded me of this- shifting into 5th or 6th gear and slow to respond on the downshift. I've since turned it off.

Worth the price
By lanehalli on 08/22/11 09:08 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a Chevy Equinox base model with the Bluetooth package the only added feature. After nearly 800 miles, I am very happy with my purchase. The Equinox delivers fine performance (even the 4 cylinder moves enough with it's smart 6speed transmission). The car steers, brakes and handles with superior results. As for gas mileage, I get around 16 mpg around the city, but 31-32 on moving highways, so I am satisfied. I would think a driver would get around 20 mph around a normal suburban town as the Equinox uses tons of gas starting and stopping in city traffic. The standard features the car is equipped with are more than adequate, as I love the Onstar Navigation and blue-tooth.