Used 2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Great SUV purchase
By newchevysuv

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great new suv purchase for our family of 4. After shopping around we found a beautiful Chevy Equinox at the best price at Montebello Chevrolet! Our salesperson was very professional and very knowledgeable about this vehicle. We knew we were done shopping once we arrived at Montebellow Chevrolet. We could not resist the price of this new car. I drive it to work everyday. It's easy to drive and runs so smoothly and it's a great looking car. We are very happy with our purchase. This is exactly what we were looking for in a car.

Favorite Features

SUV size is excellent. Onstar service is important, very roomy inside for teens and the whole family. Beautiful interior and confy front and back seats. I love that you can adjust the lower back of the front seats to give you the most confortable drive ever. Colorful radio touchscreen is the best I've seen and milage is great! Less visits to the gas station finally!!! We are very happy with our purchase.

Should have bought a G class!
By mrdubious

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Rent one B4 you by one! Poor fit/finish of interior dash and front door panels. Primer showing thru paint. 6 cyl with 6 speedTrans upshifts/downshifts at an annoying rate! Tradn' for a Benz!

EPA mileage a joke -- but I love the SUV
By d2h2o

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Picked up mine on December 1, 2011 -- and have enjoyed the ride ever since. Right now I almost have 7000 miles on it and no problems what so ever! I appreciate the room for the driver and passengers. Love the radio, automatic air setting. Drivers seat is very comfortable.

Favorite Features

Remote Start, Auto heat/air setting, leather seats, lumbar support is great! Lots of room for backseat passengers

Suggested Improvements

cargo room could be larger and mileage could be better

Bad milage
By sheila428

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just purchased this car 2 weeks ago. I purchased it because i believed the gas was great. Well, it's not! i am only getting about 16 or 17 mpg and the tank is not a 18.8 gal. I filled it up and it was only 14.8 gal, which means that the tank size is probably only about 15 or 16. What a hugh lie. I am so upset right now. This was one of my hugh reasons for purchasing it. Please Chevy stop with the lies. It's not a good look. I should have purchased the Crv or sorento. I will be traveling next week and the bill is going to kill me. What a mess of lies.

Favorite Features

I do like the style and features inside.

Suggested Improvements

Make the gas tank the size you say and the gas what you say it is. The back seat does not go back that much.

Good every day vehicle.
By ground_zero

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Externally the 2012 Equinox looks alot beefier than the old model with it's muscular looking exterior, internally the first thing that grabbed me was the large touchscreen radio, sitting down in the chair I discovered how comfortable it is, one of the most comfortable seats in any vehicle I have owned so far. The 4 Cylinder engine chugs along nicely sipping gas relatively conservatively (no 32 MPG Highway, more like 25-30) It's got plenty of space for passengers, the near is a bit disapointing if you plan to carry a bunch of luggage but still enough. It does seem to take corners a tad wide and it's something to get used to especially when parking.

Favorite Features

-Large LCD touchscreen radio. Great for playing MP3's, just stick in a thumb drive and play as much music as your drive holds. -Backup Camera Essential when you have small children around or if you are backing out of a tight parking spot. -Comfortable seats, fully adjustable electric driver seat. -Remote start, while a trivial feature since the vehicle needs to be locked and the key still needs to be turned, it can be nice to remote start so your AC/Heat gets a head start while you aproach it.

Suggested Improvements

The LCD screen would be ideal for a GPS navigation system but it's not available without OnStar subscription, this could easilly be standard. Standard heated seats would be nice. An option for a dual climate control system would be nice, this would take the guess work out adjusting your AC/Heat.