Used 2012 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

MPG
By impala0169

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just a not for some complaining about there MPG. Watch your driving habits. I have corrected mine and it makes a difference. Stopping and starting at stop lights. I watch mine and just got back from a 1000 mile trip.I wrote down my speeds and what the control said I was getting. On the interstate at 69mph I was getting 28.3mpg. On a stretch of road off the interstate where I drove at 58 and got 36.3. Both were flat roads and both were at no stopping for almost a hour on each road. The entire trip gave me 29.3 mpg with 90 % of miles on hwy and the rest city. Now you know you stop and go alot.Thats where you should study your habits. I have the same thing with the transmission jer

Like the controls.The seats are great.

Get the back to to be flat. What it does now is a pain and reduces what you can carry. Get something else besides hard plastic where you click your seatbelt. They scratch easy and looks like crap. Im in the process of making a cloth cover to drape over the middle compartment. Need to make the steering wheel bigger or move the gauges or make them bigger.

Best Choice We could Have Made
By samme2007

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a Jeep back in Oct. Completely unsatisfied. Started shopping around and came across the Equinox. I wanted a car that was made in the us or has us workers for the car. I know that Chevy was most certainly the best option. I am completely satisfied and I love my car so much more than I could have ever liked the Jeep Compass.

The gas mileage. We average 27.4 mpg. AMAZING! Compared to the 15-18 we were getting in the Compass. Space: I love the extra space this car has, the console swallows my arm reaching down into it. All of the cup holders the door middle and back seat cup holders. We love all of the power outlets and the AUX center being hidden.

Honestly I have not found anything that I can think of that the car needs. We are sitting at 4,000 miles on the car and we are completely satisfied. The bluetooth is one thing I wish was a little different, it always syncs with my fiance's phone and I have to manually change it. That is one improvement that we could figure out something that gave us the notification as to which phone we could sync up. Other than that, we have no other improvements we can think of. Overall we will return to Cheverolet from here on out as long as they remain a Canada/US based company.

Cmon Chevy get it right!!
By indianaman

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased the 2012 Equinox LT 3 months ago and am 100% dissatisfied with the performance. You should NOT feel the car downshift everytime you hit 30-34mph. The car jerks you forward during the downshift!! This doesnt happen to the 6cyl and wish i had known that before dropping $23k on a new car. I have contacted my dealer and they feel it to and drove another new one that did the same. Said they have had numerous complaints about this. I spoke with the Disctrict MGR for Chevy and he said its the way its made and cant help me!! Chevy even has the "guranteed customer satisfaction promotion" going on and I didnt buy it during the promotion so they cant help. Ill be trading for a CRV this wknd!!

Great Suv poor fuel economy
By wildman52003

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle on july 1st of 2012 and even though it rides great and has plenty of room we are disappointed in the fuel economy of the 4 cylinder motor. So far we have average 28.4 mph and have a average of 17.4 mpg. We took the vehicle to the dealer where we made the purchase and the service department told us that the vehicle has break-in oil in the motor and that once we have the oil changed to the synthetic oil the mileage will get better. Do I believe that? Well we will have to wait and see. Just so everyone knows we are not a young couple. We are in our low 50s and we drive in such that matter, no rabbit starts or excessive speeding.

Bluetooth,Radio with the XM,onstar service,and the vehicle saftey and my wife loves the remote start for the saftey issues.

The rear hatch window should be able to open separate from the tailgate. It is ashame that you have to open that huge tailgate to gain access to the trunk area. If chevrolet is going to make everyone have to lift that tailgate then at least make it remote and powerliftgate standard on all models and just add it in the price. I would also like to have a intergrated child seat for my grandaughter.

Equinox LTZ
By norwin

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought the 4 cyl LTZ in May 2012 and we are happy with the performance and styling of the vehicle.I was a little leery of buying a 4 banger but after a 900 mile trip was pleasantly surprised with performance and gas mileage. The first tank (in ECO mode) got 31.4mpg at 65 to 75mph with ac on,2 people and luggage on board. Sure, its not going to perform like the big boys, but I feel comfortable with it's power in traffic and never feel like I have to "get over get run over." Subsequent mileage checks for the type of driving we do are in 28-29mpg range.

The LTZ has many nice features and is very nicely equipped for a car in this price range. We like them all, the leather memory seats,on star,onboard navigation,rear vision camera and the list goes on. If you are truly interested in the Equinox,grab a book at the dealership and check it out. The LTZ comes with several upgrades as compared to the LS and LT models and then you can decide which one is right for your needs and wants.

Sure, I like the LTZ but I also think GM missed the boat on a few things. It would have been nice if they would have included a power front passenger seat and a built in garage door transmitter. Two things I really don't like are the driver info center is a little bit cranky and the fuel tank door is on the passenger side, but these things are not a deal breaker.

• SUV