11,000 and going strong
By chickn on
2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I have 11,000 miles on the car and it is going strong. It is a 4 banger. I pull a 12 ft utility trailer with a Gravley z155 mower on the trailer with no problem. The car shifts fine, especially if I hold a steady foot on the gas. I get 26+- mpg around town and 26.5 to 30 +- highway, with just myself and my lady in the car. She said it shifted a lot going oover the mountains this summer going to Detroit from NC. She had 2 teen gals and their gear with them. I would say the shifting would be normal for that. The only issue I have with the car is the A/C dash vents.the one on the dash, right of the steering wheel tends to blow either on my face or chest. Can't turn it enough to the right.
Favorite Features
Starting it with the key from outside the car as I walk through a hot parking lot. The A/C cools it before I get to it. Wish I had the push button automatic tail gate opener. The back up camera is great, wish it had the lines on the screen to locate the direct path of the car. Good amount of space with the back seats down for cargo. Easy to handle and turns on a dime. Back up camera is great for getting out of on the curb parking when some knucklehead parks too close to us. Deep center console stores a lot of bottle water, keeps cool.
Suggested Improvements
Put back up lines on camera screen. Re design A/C vents on dash so air can be directed completely away from driver. Put light in glove box. Put push button to pop open rear tailgate from drivers seat. Make auto tailgate open from key chain standard equipment.