Used 2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS SUV Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Perfect
By William

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car used in 2013 with 14K and it's been perfect ever since. Now just hitting 50K and have had absolutely zero issues with anything. It's comfortable driving to the store and it's comfortable driving for hours on a road trip. GM seems to have a bad rep with reliability but I don't see why, this car is great.

Mechanical nightmare
By Kathleen

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car new and have had many mechanical problems. Excessive oil consumption lead to major repairs. Just replaced the cam actuators due to oil sludge even though I never skip an oil change. GM denied my request for reimbursement. I am not keeping the car and will never own a Chevrolet.

piece of crap
By amber

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My truck I bought new and It don't start lights come on won't turn over jerks when you accelerate tire pressure comes on at least 2 times a month

Jumpy Shifting and Stalling Out
By Ryan Toombs

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I bought the 2012 Equinox only a month ago as a Certified Pre-Owned with only 39,000 miles on it. One short month and 1,000 miles later, the check engine light came on. The actuator had to be replaced. No big deal since it was under warranty. The vehicle also shifts very hard/jumpy, like you are being slowly rear-ended. We recently stalled out in a McDonald's drive-thru because of this issue. I was told that the hard shifting of the Equinox is one of the biggest complaints they receive at the dealer. They informed me it is just how the vehicle drives and that I would get used to it. My wife doesn't want to get used to it. No going back for me, but hopefully I saved you trouble!

The seats are comfortable, which is good for when your vehicle stalls and you have to sit and wait for a tow.

How about notifying customers of the potential transmission issue? You know, just in case they have a child (like we do) and would view a potential stalled vehicle as a safety concern. But, I guess that would be too honest, and potentially cost the dealership money.

Good Compact SUV
By carguy07054

I have 13K miles.
Good fuel economy.
Best so far was 30.8MPG on a 600 mile trip driving @ 65-70MPH.
Average 25.5MPG in mixed driving.
Lot's of room inside.
Comfortable seats with good support.
Good ride and suspension is well tuned.

Lots of standard equipment for the base model LS like bluetooth, laminated glass, noise cancellation, and adjustable 2nd row seats.

Make rear cargo privacy shade standard. Center information display menus a bit confusing, it could be simplier.