2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Poorly designed ventilation outlets
By drivetrain1 on 03/17/14 12:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Poorly designed position of the a/c ventilation outlets. The driver's side vent is positioned way too low on the dash board. The steering wheel blocks the airflow no matter how I have the wheel tilted. The air deflector has limited range of motion and does not deflect or direct the flow of air properly. I can adjust the air vent (left of the radio cluster) to point directly on me, but then my passengers in back seat complain of no air. The summer heat here in Central Texas can be quite unbearable! The driver of ANY vehicle should have access to sufficient ventilation from the left air vent.

Not what I expected!
By algoma on 06/29/13 16:33 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Even the blind spot mirrors don't really help. The blind spots are still there, especially with the design in the back. If the back seat head rests aren't in your blind spots, then its the blindness from not being able to see out the rear windows. There is also a hesitation with the engine when driving down the road. I wish I had my the van I traded this in for. I have driven earlier models of the Equinox before, and the blindspots aren't an issue like they are with this model. Not happy with the gas mileage either. The interior isn't roomy when it comes the front seating area. If you drop something in between, you might as well forget about getting it back.

Where do I start
By stmyers on 06/28/13 21:49 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2012 LTZ equinox with 14k miles, I can not count the times I have had to take it in for problems. This past week, my check engine light came on. Dealer said it has to do with the air filter we put in (k&n) we replaced the filter back to the orig. one and the light came on again. Called a different dealer and they said they were too busy to get my car in for at least two days... Do I just drive the car around with the check engine light on? Then, Today, I went to use my remote start and the remote start is not working. For as much as they cost, you think GM would get it right the first or second time... I'm very disappointed with GM and more so with the dealership I purchased the car

Good Overall Value and Style
By wavesherwood on 06/23/13 11:24 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great versatility. Beautiful vehicle in and out. Only problem we have had so far is the rough engine idle which dealer says is unduplicatable but they did update computer program. that helped some, but we are still experiencing some intermittent rough engine idle especially when sitting at stoplights. Blind spots and camera depth perception makes backing up tricky.

FM reception is bad. Disappointing fuel economy.
By fattylumpkin on 06/10/13 01:04 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The FM radio on this vehicle is terrible. I took it into the shop 1 week after I purchased it brand new in June 2012. I was told that the radio fading in an out was a known issue that would be resolved with an update to the radio within a couple of months. A couple of months went by and the dealer told me that it was not available yet. It has now been a year!! Very disappointing that they can not get something as simple as a radio done right. The fuel economy for me has maxed out at 25 MPG. That was on a 200 mile trip with the cruise control set at 62 mph for the entire trip. Around town, I get about 22 - 24 MPG. Is there such a thing as false advertising when it comes to this?

Defroster Issue
By heinemann on 02/27/13 14:56 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Defroster, heat blowing on the windshield on high heat (85 degrees), high fan, with the air conditioning button off, isn't sufficent to defrost windshield and melt freezing rain and snow on the upper half and the far left side of the windshield. Dealer says there's no problem. Been a GM buyer many times before but this is the last one even through I'll give up GM credit card $$.

Great Car But Has Rough Idle at Times
By sos7 on 01/23/13 15:06 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I got my 2012 Chevy Equinox back in April of 2012. I love the car but at times the car has a rough idle, and is even worse with the "ECO" button on. It doesn't get the gas mileage that GM has promised.

Great crossover
By flyboy48 on 01/13/13 07:42 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Things I love about our 2012 4 cly.Chevy AWD Equinox 2LT,Seating,backup camera,inside space, Leg room, Heated seats, Nav. and XM radio, with a Very nice Powerful sound system, goes Great in the deep snow, surprised me. Gas mileage is good for AWD, but wish I would have got the 6 Cyl. It's Not that much diff. in mileage and the Extra 100 HP would be nice at times, like getting on the interstate and you need to get up to 70 MPH fast to get With the flow, but oh well, Next time I will buy bigger Engine, unless they Turbo charge the 4 Cyl. Ride is very smooth and handles Great.

2012 Eqinox Just OK
By grngob on 01/06/13 15:55 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV w/1LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2012 Equinox - 4 cylinder/FWD - since may of 2012. I have never gotten more than 29.5 MPG highway, not close the 32 Chevy quotes. (In fact, I got 22 MPG on one tank - some city miles spoem highway). Very disappointing. The FM radio has reception issues and fades in and out on occaision. It is a nuisance more than anything.

dimming of interior lights
By dissapointed20 on 12/17/12 05:57 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I know I can not be the only Equinox owner with the crazy intermittent dimming of the interior lights..at times it is so dark you can't read the speedometer..I understand the concept of dimming lights but this goes beyond the normal. I have had the sencor replaced 3 times and told this is normal..has anyone else monitored their dash as carefully as I have..this can't be a normal occurance..and the snow senor pops up at 37 degrees no matter whether its in the garage or on the road..this dimming is a big issue. And the gas milage is over-rated- poor

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox Suv in NJ is:

$216 per month*