2012 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Where do I start
By stmyers on 06/28/13 21:49 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2012 LTZ equinox with 14k miles, I can not count the times I have had to take it in for problems. This past week, my check engine light came on. Dealer said it has to do with the air filter we put in (k&n) we replaced the filter back to the orig. one and the light came on again. Called a different dealer and they said they were too busy to get my car in for at least two days... Do I just drive the car around with the check engine light on? Then, Today, I went to use my remote start and the remote start is not working. For as much as they cost, you think GM would get it right the first or second time... I'm very disappointed with GM and more so with the dealership I purchased the car

Equinox LTZ
By norwin on 07/18/12 21:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought the 4 cyl LTZ in May 2012 and we are happy with the performance and styling of the vehicle.I was a little leery of buying a 4 banger but after a 900 mile trip was pleasantly surprised with performance and gas mileage. The first tank (in ECO mode) got 31.4mpg at 65 to 75mph with ac on,2 people and luggage on board. Sure, its not going to perform like the big boys, but I feel comfortable with it's power in traffic and never feel like I have to "get over get run over." Subsequent mileage checks for the type of driving we do are in 28-29mpg range.

Better equipped and built than the competition
By labluebabe on 07/15/12 16:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We test drove the new Mazda CX-5, Ford Escape, Nissan Rogue, Hyundai something and a few other SUVs. The top of our list was the Equinox, Escape and CX-5. The Ford and Chevy were our two favorites, but at the end of the day the Equinox was cheaper for the fully loaded version and came with a 100k mile/5yr warranty, vs the 60k on the Escape. We got the LTZ loaded with FULL LEATHER seats, not partial leather in the Titanium (beware! you can find full leather Escape Titaniums but MOST of the Titaniums are PARTIAL leather where just the middle insert is leather!). To anyone looking at new SUVs, be sure to test drive BOTH the V6 and 4 cylinder Equinox, there's a huge difference in power!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox in VA is:

$110 per month*