Used 2012 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Best vehicle ever
By Karen Finch

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We were so happy with our 2012 Equinox that we bought another one in 2015.

Good American ride
By Art Baskel

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I might research the 6 cylinder the 4 cylinder is underpowered but it is a turbo....2012model

Body Module Failure a Deal Breaker
By Alan

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

If your body control module fails, like mine did, the failure mode could be dangerous. When it failed, the power door locks, transmission control, and key ignition release failed simultaneously. It was frozen in 'Park', with no option other than to disconnect the transmission control to move it. I had an older Altima that I could have used to get to work, but it took a tow flatbed, and knowledge if how to put the car in 'Neutral' manually from underneath the car. Repair was covered by GM, but I lost my trust for this vehicle. I would have engineered a failsafe akin to a limp-home mode that would allow an owner to get the Equinox to a safe location. I'm curious as to what would have happened if this module failed at highway speed.

By Barbara Shrum

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My husband bought me this car after a back injury when my 4-wheel drive truck was too rough for me to drive. I have loved it! The seats are so comfortable, even on long trips. The power rear liftgate was a lifesaver for getting things in and out. And it looks snazzy too. The navigation system and Onstar always made me feel safe traveling alone.

Perfect
By William

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car used in 2013 with 14K and it's been perfect ever since. Now just hitting 50K and have had absolutely zero issues with anything. It's comfortable driving to the store and it's comfortable driving for hours on a road trip. GM seems to have a bad rep with reliability but I don't see why, this car is great.