2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: Why I would purchase Equinox..

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

Why I would purchase Equinox...
By chevyequinox1 on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I usually don't write reviews on the websites; however, for the Chevy Equinox-I WILL! Chevy Equinox vs GMC Terrain (side note: thousand or more for the same features on the Equinox, the basic GMC Terrain cost about the same as the LT1 Equinox with extra features) First, MPGs is the common talk on the website; 32 MPGs (not a lie-it is possible driving 50 mph to 60 mph with ECO and RPMS under 2). Side note with the ECO button; keep ECO off when driving in stop and go traffic. Set ECO on when driving at steady speed 55 MPH for miles! Never turn on ECO while trying to reach desired speed... I got 28 MPGs on Highway, 24 City/Highway, and 19 city driving only (1,500 miles on NOX)

I have a V-4 engine---previous owner of 2 Explorers and I really enjoy driving the Equinox. I don't drive as fast without my V6, but fuel economy (WAY BETTER)! 24 City/Highway-Nox Vs 18 City/Highway-Explorer Bluetooth with Driver Convenience Package. I love the functionality of driving with a camera in the front mirror when backing up in reverse (at night, the reflections from the back lights make it visible to see animals/humans). Furthermore, I love using my iPhone to connect directly to the internal speakers to talk to my friends and family members... Also, family and friends enjoy the SPACE in the backseat, very very very comfortable for driving on long drives in the back seat.

I have two design flaw, there is not storage in the vehicle besides the center console and front in-dash console. I wish there was at least one box/unit in the back of the vehicle. Second design flaw that takes a couple weeks to get use to as the blind spots on the vehicle. Make sure to get the blind spot mirror for the driver side... More positive: I'm about 6'0, and I really enjoy this mix cross-over, will never drive a car because I hate having to (GET-In and GET-Out) of the car ... LOVE the TURN by TURN Onstar Navigation. Also, I'm still in the process of figuring out the Bluetooth voice activation, usually just press # on iPhone and connects to bluetooth car speakers...