Why Chevy Still Doesn't Get It
By dhoff457 on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
We bought a 2011 Equinox and loved it - until yesterday. Five months old and the car simply died - while driving on the highway at 60 mph. Not what you'd expect from a new car - stuff happens but what happened next clarifies why with all the gains they've made, Chevy has a LONG way to go when it comes to understanding and serving their customer. When we the car died, we were able to pull over and call OnStar. They remotely diagnosed the issue (power train and transmission problems). But at this point they told us we needed to call ahead to the dealer to let them know we were getting towed there and they would not forward their diagnosis info to the dealer ("they'll run their own").
Suggested Improvements
To follow up my review - when a five month old car dies, I feel CHEVY should be helping to mitigate our experience in any way they reasonably can; they should have called the dealer and informed them of the issues they had initially diagnosed. Then we found out we couldn't get a loaner car for at least 24 hours until the dealer diagnoses the problem! My friend who owns a used Mercedes gets a free loaner when he brings the car for something as simple as an oil change! He's in the market for a new car - I'd been pushing him to consider a Chevy; after hearing our experience, he's now crossed it off his list.
By tturlich
on 11/30/11 06:50 AM (PST)

The same thing happens to me!! It has happened at least 10 times but the dealership is dumbfounded and doesn't know how to fix it! I've owned mine since July and it has been in the shop 3 times for a total of three weeks! And yea I agree they are hesitant to give out loaners even if you are under warranty when Mercedes and Honda give out loaners for simple things.

By mls18_03
on 01/20/12 10:01 AM (PST)

i found ur post on edmunds, i too have a 2011 chevy equinox with stalling issues. i have gotten no where with gm and the dealership i purchased it at. they have replaced multiple parts as part of a recall my vehicle does not have. i have started a facebook page trying to get some attention and am encouraging others with same problems to look and comment on there. These issues were having with a faulty vehcicle is somthing that needs to be addressed. i have contacted local newspapers, radio stations, everywereh trying to get word out there that they are not a safe vehicle. i just want to get word out there to try to help our cases and get them to buy back faulty equinox! i hope you could email back or add yourself to my page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/216330618456881/