Where is the fuel economy SUV?
By tlp1968 on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I purchased my 2011 Equinox very mildly used in 2012. It has 20,000 miles on it and I think I see why someone traded it. The best gas mileage I have ever had with the car in eco, out of eco, with a light foot, with a lead foot is 23 mpg. My previous car was a Pontiac Montana which was getting almost identical mileage with a V6 and 3 more passenger seats. I love the body style of this car and the blue tooth, XM and backup camera but I have taken it back to the dealer twice already. Once for an air bag error and once for a check engine light. I purchased the extra warranty and boy am I glad I did. I sure would have looked at other brands had I known the gas mileage would be so bad.
Favorite Features
Bluetooth, XM, power seat, back up camera, console space, attractive body style, and small car feel.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel Economy, more space in front for female passenger items (namely my purse!), improve blind spot issues, and smoother ride (I know it is an SUV but really? It is not an off road vehicle it could be a bit smoother for passengers)