WHAT A JOKE...DO NOT BUY ONE
By sickened3539 on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
This car is probably the worst car I have purchased, and I have purchased some pretty bad cars. At a little over 1,000 miles it decided to randomly stall while driving! The cam shaft actuators have been replaced THREE times and it still doesn't work. The thing sounds like a diesel semi when you turn it on, has replaced the oil pump. And since I purchased it, it has been in the shop SIX times and is currently there again and has been there for over a week and still unable to be repaired. Chevy's customer service is a joke and they refuse to do anything about it except to continue to repair the UNSAFE vehicle. DO NOT BUY ONE!
Favorite Features
Not one thing at all.
Suggested Improvements
Make a vehicle that runs!
By alesy
on 09/20/11 23:13 PM (PDT)

I totally understand what you mean! We just traded one in with only 11K+ miles. They dont hold the value we took a lost on it. Better now than later. Good luck with yours! GMC should give us all an insentive for all the trouble!

By tturlich
on 11/30/11 06:57 AM (PST)

Lemon Law! I've only had mine since July and it has turned off about ten times while driving on the interstate, among the other problems yall have stated. I've brought it in to Chevy three times and told them one more and I WILL file a lemon law. It's ridiculous that i just made my fourth payment on the vehicle and it has been in the shop for a total of three weeks between all three visits. Seriously look into the lemon law.

By omg1
on 12/06/11 15:10 PM (PST)

I'm having the same issue. I bought my 2011 Equinox back in April it has stall on me 5 times so far. It tends to happen when I am in reverse. The check engine light came on once. I had the cam shaft actuators replaced twice. The second time it improve the rough start up noise, but I'm still having the same stalling issues. Its been in the shop twice overnight and because it doesn't happen when they have it...they claim there's nothing they can do. It's mighty strange that none of these occurrences registers on the car's computer. I will be checking into the lemon law because I've work to hard to put my hard earn money into a piece of junk.

By unhpy_custmr
on 10/04/11 06:10 AM (PDT)

I have not given up with hasseling chevy and I think that I am coming to a solution!! I have had my equinox in the shop SIX, yes SIX times since April. It stalls while driving and they keep making stupid things up like my oil is over filled?>?! I have not given up, I filed a claim with the BBB and that got a mediation liason from Chevy to contact me in a few days. He eventually told me I do not have a lemon (yah right) and stopped taking my calls. I left a message on Friday that I had had it and have an appointment with my attorney tomorrow. He called me back the next day stating GM has an offer to make me. I have not contacted him back yet but it seems they know their wrong and do not want my attorney involved. Good luck....

By tonydeciantis
on 10/03/11 16:07 PM (PDT)

I also have the same problem its the worst vehicle I have ever had its only 6 weeks old and nothing but a headache its a road hazzard and should not be on the the road, very poor at the fuel economy stalled on me twice since Ive had it I have a case with GM and no one seems to care. The dealership seems like they dont even care. Everyone thinks Im just making up stories but Im not. What do I have to do to have some action done.