Things To Consider
By suv4years on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I have owned three Trailblazers and loved them. The Traverse was too big for me and has low mpg. I bought the Equinox last week because of its size and mpg ratings. On the first tank of gas around town I got 26 mpg according to my math, 25.2 according to the car computer. This will improve after about 1500 miles.
Favorite Features
I love the four cylinder engine and am glad I did not opt for a six. I like the 5 yr 100000 mile drive train warranty. The car handles really well. My only option is the Driver Convenience Package and I like that. I like the bluetooth connection to my cellphone so I can use it hands free.
Suggested Improvements
The power outlets shut off when the car is turned off. I liked being able to charge my phone on my trailblazer when it was not running and can't do that anymore. The seats should be more comfortable; wider, flatter. I am only 5'10" and 175 pounds. The seat should be flatter and wider and not slope down in the back. I bought the roof rack cross rails and they are very noisy so I took them off. There are visual blind spots that I believe will cause accidents for some. The back-up camera is not much more than a curiosity. You will still turn around to look where you are backing up.