2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: So far, So good!

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

So far, So good!
By trailstrider on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle a couple of weeks ago. Prior to buying this car, I owned a 10 year old truck that got 15 mpg on the highway. My first week of driving was mainly around town showing people my new car. Gas mileage was just ok at around 21 mpg. I was hoping for better. I finally got to do a road trip (Around 150 miles) and I got 27.7 mpg on the highway. On the return home trip I got 28.5 mpg. I really notice a difference in gas mileage when driving 65 vs 75. If you drive this car between 65 and 70 on the highway you will get better than 25 mpg. If you are constantly on the gas, you will get closer to 20.

I love the looks of this car. I feel like I'm in a cockpit when driving it. I got the LT1 so I like having On-Star, bluetooth, backup camera, Remote Start, eco-mode, traction control, and XM radio. Nice wheels and sharp design. Looks much better than previous ones.