2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: Vehicle Vibrates at highway sp

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Vehicle Vibrates at highway speeds over 50 MPH
By navyofficer211 on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, I was pleased with the 2011 Equinox LTZ in the winter conditions. I put more highway miles on it than in actual weather conditions. My odometer read 28,000 when I had the first incident of a vibration over 50 mph and the check engine light came on briefly and stayed on for an hour or so. I thought it was the tires, so I had them checked, I had new summer all season tires on, and the tires were fine, and so I had the vehicle checked for mechanical problems, no codes were discovered and the check engine light went off. A week ago my odometer reads 87000 and the same situation occurs with this vibration, the difference is that it occurs at all speeds now, not just highway speeds.

AWD, Navigation and the Sirius XM, gas mileage and comfort.

I think the wheels might be too big or heavy for this AWD system, cause it drags before it kicks in. The SUV had 19 inch chrome factory rims. It might cause the AWD system to overwork or overheat to cause this vibration?