BAD BAD Choice in a vehicle..
By redding63 on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Where do I start... first of all I owned the vehicle for 5 days to have it taken in to the dealership for costly repairs! Yes my warranty covered it but still, I had to have the water pump,fuel pump and timing chain all replaced! Then a month later the check engine light comes on so I called On Star to have them diagnose the issue,come to find out its misfiring.AND we smell gas in the oil AND our remote start wont work because of the check engine light that's on.The dealership has us waiting a week to bring it in. Not only is that bad business ,but to find out they may or may not give us a rental car to drive. Do I feel safe in this vehicle? NO absolutely NOT!
Favorite Features
Its a nice and beautiful vehicle on the outside but under the hood I don't trust it!
Suggested Improvements
GM needs to back their consumers who make them millions of dollars buying their vehicles. Their manufacturing junk and we are being ripped off by GM. I have called GM numerous times on complaints and its a no win situation with them! Im ready to go foreign now and im a diehard stand behind GM products person, but im quickly swaying from ever doing business with GM ever again!
By redding63
on 01/07/14 16:34 PM (PST)

Sharon82 what did your daughter finally do about the BAD engine problems she was having???? Because we found out they have to take off the #3 Head to find out what is wrong because ours is still misfiring! This is crazy! A person pays high dollar for GM products and we get screwed all the way around! Im filing a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General AND finding myself a lemon law lawyer! I called GM and that was a joke! You get NOWHERE with GM! Yet they want us to buy their crappy vehicles! Its NOT right what GM does NOR the dealerships because they are in with GM too!

By redding63
on 01/07/14 16:36 PM (PST)

Sorry I meant the head they have to remove! Ughh

By sharon82
on 01/05/14 13:01 PM (PST)

My daughter bought her '11 Equinox in March 2013. Engine light came on, ran rough...took to dealer and instantly they offered her a rental car while they checked into it. SIXTEEN days later, leave the dealership and it's doing the same thing. Compression test showed 2 and 3 only had 50 PSI, leak test found 2 with 90% leakage. Valves 2, 3 and 4 were replaced, cylinder head replaced, balance shaft chain and tensioner replaced, camshaft chain replaced, etc., etc., etc. Shuts off on its own, not safe to drive! When it does run, it's rough....all the same symptoms before it was "fixed" at Chevy dealership.