2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: Where do I go from here?

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Where do I go from here?
By meshellyvette on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am reading the many reviews about the 2011 Chevy Equinox and surprised on how many people are experiencing what I am. I do not feel safe in this vehicle and cannot get the problems fixed. I have brought it in four times for the same problems and each time the story is the same-they can't replicate the problems. It idles rough, runs rough has poor acceleration and hiccups when driving. The gas mileage is not good and every time I go to get the oil changed it is on the low side. I haven't experienced an actual full-on stalling but it sure feels like it is going to and some people have experienced that. I have felt nervous pulling out into traffic as of late worried it will stall. I am stuck

Roomy and attractive but not safe!

This car needs to be recalled it is unsafe and GM is aware of it! Does someone have to die before they realize it?
By sharon82
on 01/05/14 13:24 PM (PST)

My daughter's 2011 equinox came out of the dealership repair shop yesterday after SIXTEEN days of repair work. Before she left the parking lot it stalled and the service engine light came on. Technician drove it and the light miraculously went out (think he knew which button to push to reset the message?), said to drive it. Made it 30 miles, ran rough, engine light on,,,but of course dealer service department was closed. Waiting til Monday morning to deliver (or have it towed) into their shop. It had bent valves 2,3 and 4. Compression test was bad on all 4. I think this engine is done and needs to be removed (because they obviously didn't know how to fix it right), or they need to replace the vehicle. Not letting my daughter or grandson on the roads with it!

By redding63
on 01/07/14 17:21 PM (PST)

I feel GM could give not one ounce about their customers! If they did we wouldn't be sold JUNK that's unsafe,costly repair bills that never cease and would also LISTEN to their customers when we call them instead of turning their deaf ears,maybe we wouldn't have to post about their BAD cars they manufacture!