Poor pick up on 4Cyl but what do you expect when it has a 5k pound vehicle to carry!
By jrt_banks on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I purchased my 2011 Equinox May 25. So far, I LOVE IT! **I'm knocking on wood through this whole post too** I bought a black one with the cloth interior. I already have put 3k miles on it. 2 weeks after I bought the car we went on vacation to Hilton Head SC from Ohio. roughly 690 miles each way. I filled the tank 2 times but it only took us a tank and a half (if even) to get all the way there! On the way back I filled it one and a half times and was still on the second tank for almost a week! I think you just have to break the car in to get the gas mileage expected. Down there we avr. 27mpg (lots of mnts) and on the way back i was up to 31mpg. Pick up is stalled, But its 4cyl wat do u expect
Favorite Features
Backup Camera, Sunroof, Remote Start, Bluetooth, Child safety features, design, gas, sound system and OnStar. The backup camera saved me from hitting a little girl who had ran right behind me. Where her parents were who knew but if I didn't have it I would not have seen her!!! Averaging 24 combined gas mileage. I drive mostly city too which we have many stop lights. Remote start is great for cooling your car down in advance. Cant wait till I use it this winter with a newborn and preschooler! No more trips out in the cold to heat the car up forever!!! OnStar is awesome. I really enjoy them, they are always so nice. Worth paying for. Esp. for safety reasons with children.
Suggested Improvements
Interior cloth is weird. The bumps or ridges it has makes wearing shorts or dresses uncomfortable when driving for a long period of time. I know its for breathing but it leaves imprints on your butt and legs that almost feel sore when you get up! Akward cupholders. A big cup gets in the way of the gears. I couldn't imagine a stick shift. Bad blind spot in the front to the right. I always have to lean up in my seat to make sure no cars are there. Pick up is not good while getting on the highway but that is expected while it IS a 4cyl carrying all of that weight!! So I cant really complain! Thats why they make a 6cyl too! Door lock buttons are weird too. I literally locked myself in once.
By calmtgguy
on 07/07/11 23:35 PM (PDT)

The curb weight of a 2011 Equinox is a light 3,779 lbs. The gross weight is 4,960 lbs. The difference between gross weight and curb weight is the total passenger and cargo weight capacity of the vehicle. For example, a pickup truck with a curb weight of 4,500 pounds might have a cargo capacity of 2,000 pounds, meaning it can have a gross weight of 6,500 pounds when fully loaded. A 3,779 curb weight is light, for example the curb weight of a 2012 Corvette Coupe is 3,208 lbs.